Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mr.Moorcock on UK's writer David Gemmell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berserker
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    I haven't read David Gemmell but know him. When we first met he reminded me that when he was a boy he met me in a Chiswick bookshop, not knowing who I was. He asked if I'd read Michael Moorcock. I told him he shouldn't be reading that crap... Nice guy. I am a bit unhappy about his recent titles, however, which are a bit close to some of mine! I thought of calling my next book Legend of the White Wolf. No reflection on him, my not reading him. I just don't read much heroic fantasy. I started writing it before it became an established genre partly because I have little taste for established genres! A bit of an irony, as I've mentioned before.
    Thanks for the reply Mr. Moorcock!
    Funny how you have actually met Gemmell;small world I guess.
    Don't really know why he titled his last book Legend of the White Wolf,seeing as it really had no signifigance to the story, but nonetheless was I great read!Thanks again.
    -Berserker-

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I haven't read David Gemmell but know him. When we first met he reminded me that when he was a boy he met me in a Chiswick bookshop, not knowing who I was. He asked if I'd read Michael Moorcock. I told him he shouldn't be reading that crap... Nice guy. I am a bit unhappy about his recent titles, however, which are a bit close to some of mine! I thought of calling my next book Legend of the White Wolf. No reflection on him, my not reading him. I just don't read much heroic fantasy. I started writing it before it became an established genre partly because I have little taste for established genres! A bit of an irony, as I've mentioned before.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Forever The Stranger
    Hey. Chill. You'll drive yourself into a tiz, going on like that. Aside from the fact that you have probably posted this in the wrong forum, and should go to Q&A, nothing is amiss! And no-one here will eat you for that...promise.

The link to the Q&A is [broken link]

And I am sure Mister M will be more than willing to give you his views on the author in question.

Now, stop shaking so much, and take a deep breath before you go. :-)
    Ha, ha! Yeah I know, but thank you the same.
    Like an Idiot I posted this topic during the holidays, and well lets say I had had a few spirits before hand(hence the way I went about it,-best to write on a sober mind or not at all-).Thanks for the input though and I will post this subject in a more even minded manner on your link provided!
    -Berserker-
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Forever The Stranger
    replied
    Hey. Chill. You'll drive yourself into a tiz, going on like that. Aside from the fact that you have probably posted this in the wrong forum, and should go to Q&A, nothing is amiss! And no-one here will eat you for that...promise.

The link to the Q&A is [broken link]

And I am sure Mister M will be more than willing to give you his views on the author in question.

Now, stop shaking so much, and take a deep breath before you go. :-)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Mr.Moorcock on UK's writer David Gemmell.

Mr.Moorcock on UK's writer David Gemmell.

I hope this isn't out of line but I read David Gemmell quite frequently (really enjoying his work that is) and wondered what your thoughts were on this author's work?,if any.
    I'm not posting this to judge you by any means, or anyone else for that matter, I just like his work and wondered-if you've read his works-what you may have thought of his ideas in writing is all.
    I know this is a forum for you(which I love by the way,having read your works for the past 8 years-so glad I found it-)I just thought, you being such a great writer, would'nt mind giving a little bit of critisisum.

Oh...just so you know,for the record, I am not the author I am refering to, just a curious and happy reader of good works!
    Thank you!
    -Berserker-
    P.S. If I offended in any way,please let me know,it will not happen again.
Working...
X