Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Eternal Champion (short version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eternal Champion (short version)

I don't seem to have the original Eternal Champion story that appeared in Science Fantasy and was then expanded for book publication. If anyone does have it, how does it compare to the novel? Mike, how much was added, was there anything dropped or rewritten? Finally, was there a reason it was never reprinted in book form, as the Behold The Man novella was, for example?
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Well, it was a long time ago, but I don't remember adding much substance to the story. It was a long novella and a short novel!
    Maybe we should reprint it somewhere...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

The short version was reprinted in The Time Centre Times over two issues in '94.
      A bit easier and cheaper to get than Science Fantasy should you want to read it
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl f'tagn"

Comment

How do we get these copies of Time Center Times?

Comment

You have to join the Nomads Of The Time Streams Contact John Davey via the Jayde Design link.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

Thanks to the generosity of another of the regulars here I now have a copy of the Science Fantasy issue with The Eternal Champion story. What a fine group of souls congregate at MWM :D

Comment

Working...
            X