Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fantasiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasiana

To celebrate (?) my failure to win the Eustace fanzine auction on ebay, I've uploaded several scans into the Limbo area of one I did win, Fantasiana Vol 1 No 1:

[broken link]

Apologies for the quality of the interior scans but, as with the Burroughsania I have, the stapling and the fragility of the magazine makes it impossible to get decent interior scans. Still, you can make out most of the written material on the Contents and Editorial pages and I hope they'll be of interest to many people here.

Although this doesn't really belong in the Q & A section, I think things get noticed more here than elsewhere, so Berry feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you want, once people have had a chance to read it.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:48 AM.
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Let's call it a note to Mike, who enjoys keeping up with the scans.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

New Fantasiana Album

The Fantasiana scans have now been moved to their own Album inside the Magazines Album. Here is the direct link:

[broken link]
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:48 AM.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Gawd yer fast, PWV.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Eeek! It's like being haunted by all the people you thought dead.
          I note that R. Lumley is the illustrator (that's my awful drawings, in other words). Can't remember how long that lasted. It comes around the time I started working for Tarzan Adventures, so it probably wasn't all that long a run. A good fourpence worth, though! :)
          MM

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
            Gawd yer fast, PWV.
            I do my best. :D

Naw, it's just coincidence that I was futzing around in the Gallery this morning is all.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              A good fourpence worth, though! :)
              MM
              If only it had cost me fourpence... :P
              'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Working...
              X