Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Would Michael Moorcock Do? Mike Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would Michael Moorcock Do? Mike Simulator

Ok, this is my idea to help stimulate some conversation around here, well more to have some fun. This is a posting game with the goal of simulating the presence of Mike, who isn't here as often as we'd all like due to technical and health issues.

The basis of the game is to propose a scenario a scenario of some sort. The next person would write a reaction to the scenario from the perspective of Mike. After presenting their response, the poster would propose a scenario of their own. Alternately, if the poster cannot think of a scenario, they can leave it for the next poster.

Ok, this is meant for fun, and I don't expect responses or situations to be all that serious. The odder the better.

Mike - you are welcome to play as well. Though please try and stay in character. :lol:

I guess I'll start

---------------------------------

You are at a local grocery, and are looking to buy a Swiss Roll and this is the only shop within a thousand miles that sells them. Now, just as you get to the aisle, you find some bugger (wearing a Frodo Lives! T-shirt) has grabbed the last one and is snickering as he walks past and makes his way to the checkout.

WWMMD?
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Well, pards, you can imagine how I felt. It brought it all back to me: the time that me and Ballard duffed up Prof T outside Wimpy in Portobello Road. The bugger had used up all me fries doing a map of 'MiddleWorld' or whatever the hell it's called on the melamine table after the 'Strange Trousers' SF symposium. Feel bad about it now. Linda had to stand bail...Anyway, what I did was this. 'Hey, pard!' I murmured, flagging him down with me wide-brimmed hat, 'You look like a hip kinda guy' (I was lying) 'can I interview you for a piece I'm doing for The Grauniad on greasy tossers who think all books are film spin-offs...Sorry! I mean, folk with dichotomous and contrary predilections in the interfacial milieu of overblown cinematic productions and helical Central European confectionery?'
    He stopped long enough for me to...

Comment

Well since Perdix did such an amazing job, but didn't post his own situation for the next person, I'll jump in on that one. I'm not sure I could actually do the Michael impression any way (especially after such a high standard has been set!) So here goes:

Your at a crowded book signing and getting rather exhausted from chatting and signing with a line of people that never seems to end when a greasy haired young "fan" hands you a copy of the second edition of Chaosium's Stormbringer game and smirks as he say, "Bet this'll shove the E-bay value of this hummer up to the Sundered Worlds, eh?"

Egads, and with this post, I rise to "Eternal Champion" status (?!)
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air

Your at a crowded book signing and getting rather exhausted from chatting and signing with a line of people that never seems to end when a greasy haired young "fan" hands you a copy of the second edition of Chaosium's Stormbringer game and smirks as he say, "Bet this'll shove the E-bay value of this hummer up to the Sundered Worlds, eh?"

With a friendly smile, I slid the acid free collector's bag encased treasure from his slippery grasp, taking care not to touch the damp patches. I unsheathed it and using my largest, indelible, black marker, I inscribed 'With Best wishes, JG Ballard!', with a large and indecipherable flourish across the artwork. I replaced it in its protective ziplock and handed it back with the same disarming grin.

... A large disk shaped object has landed in your backyard, leaving a large crater and disturbing the neighbours. The local sheriff seems to think that, as a famous science fiction writer, you are in some way responsible for this occurrence, as well as for the reports of mysterious cattle mutilations in the vicinity. ...

Hurry up and get everything fixed, Mike! This isn't a patch on the real thing!

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan
          With a friendly smile, I slid the acid free collector's bag encased treasure from his slippery grasp, taking care not to touch the damp patches. I unsheathed it and using my largest, indelible, black marker, I inscribed 'With Best wishes, JG Ballard!', with a large and indecipherable flourish across the artwork. I replaced it in its protective ziplock and handed it back with the same disarming grin.
          Sorry to simply interject, but that is hilarious-- and exactly what Mike would do!

Comment

I was outraged! That crazed sheriff thought i had somthing to do with the crater in my yard! Why would I allow such a thing, Linda would run me through if i harmed her garden let alone it totally ruins the view having a large hole in the ground. (looking over the fact texas has no view any ways) And then to say i was a part of cow mutiliations, thats offensive, Europe here I come! I believe the multiverse is playing a odd game with me, next thing you know tolkien will rise from the dead and attack me for having a better movie series than he.

......While enjoying a vacation in sweeden, a young woman comes up and asks you, " Was writing the chronicals of Narnia difficult? Its my favorite series, would you mind signing a copy for me?" She obviously has you confused with C.S. Lewis, do you tell her who you really are and sign the book? what do you do?............

Comment

...sign it j.r.r. tolkien and best wishes?

8O *runs*

Comment

Working...
              X