Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mother London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother London

So - I was at a bookstore yesterday and I ended up in a three way conversation with with owner and the nice English Lady who was looking for books to read. Of course since I was there, the conversation ended up shifting to MM stories. She mentioned how she was familiar with him, but had never read anything of his because she thought it was all science fiction.

Not one to pass up a chance to gain a convert, I picked the only book of the shelf which wasn't Elric or Hawkmoon, being Mother London. She seemed interested and bought the book. Thing is, that is the only copy I have ever seen of that book in the whole city. To make things worse, its about the only MM book I have seen that I don't alreay own yet. I am going to have a bugger of a time trying to find it again.

Oh well, I at least hope she enjoys it. Maybe the multiverse will be nice and let me find another copy sometime.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Tried Amazon or similar?

Comment

Well - for the moment that option is kind of out for me. I'm one of those rare types that don't use credit cards (not something I care to explain at the moment), though I'm sure I could remedy that down the road. At the moment though, I rely on the old fashion method of finding books.

Though fortunately, the books I want oft find me.
      Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Yes (unless yr checking a/c is as f***ed up as mine)
        or failing that
        transact thru a third party and buy him/her a thankyou drink...

Comment

Heh - the debit thing is a pretty good idea.

Comment

John Davey's your best bet, of course. I'm sure he takes personal checks!

Comment

Now comes the obligatory plug-

You really should track it down, Kommando. It is absolutely stunning to read. Hopefully the cosmos will shift the right way for it to fall into your hands :D

Comment

My personal favourite!

Comment

Well a very cool solution to the problem availed itself, so I think I might rename this thread to the Anonymous test thread. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X