Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

So, Mr. Moorcock rules or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Mr. Moorcock rules or what?

I'm new to this board so please excuse my child-like amazement.

The guy writes some of the most important, groundbreaking fantasy/fiction of the last decades, writes CONSTANTLY, never letting his readers down, writes HONEST TO THE SOUL dark and unforgettable stories and even carees enough to chat with friends and readers on this board about books, films, music, etc.

I wished more people would be like that. I already own four Moorcock books and I will buy more. A pleasure giving my money to someone who appreciates the PEOPLE he touches with his work. I can't believe it. He could very well be a snob but he is a friend of his readers and fellow fantasy fans! All the best to Mr. Moorcock and feel free to take my money by having writen still be writing such awesome high quality prose! :lol: :lol:

You probably won't find any disagreement about any of that here!
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Actually, he owns , as an australian friend would say :lol:

Comment

Well, if you like Michael Moorcock and his books then I guess this really is the place to be! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by mordenkainen
          Actually, he owns , as an australian friend would say :lol:
          I think he rocks.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
            Thanks, pards. And welcome, T!
            You think I rock, Berry ?
            I'm more inclined just to sway gently, these days!
            :D
            have to get the Rick out, then!

To paraphrase Homer Simpson: "Yes, yes, yes he rocks!"

Almost forgot: welcome to the site, Testsuo!! :D
            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

You'll enjoy the generosity here. I did when I joined.

It stems from the man himself.

Welcome!

Comment

You've swayed me!

Welcome aboard, Tetsuo. :D
                \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by steeltsar
                  You'll enjoy the generosity here. I did when I joined.

It stems from the man himself.

Welcome!
                  And that is one of the things that is sooo cool about Mr. M. He actually interacts with us fan-types!

I've sent fan letters to some of my other fav authors via their websites, and gotten responses, which is great, but Mr. M will hold conversations with a person on this site (when he has time, of course).

And there are stories of other celebreties how almost piss on their fans (figuratively speaking), but no Our Host.

Now if we could all work out a MASSIVE jam session . . .
                  Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

I'm *still* filled with appreciation for the time and energy Mike gives his readers. I don't think I'll ever stop saying "wow" for his replies--not just the depth, but the fact that he's sharing his time with us.

I am a member at another message board for a musician who never replies to his fans. I understand why; he has 3 children, a wife, a plane to fly, and a band to perform with. He's very busy. Yet, here is Mike working on who knows how many books, doing heaven only knows what else behind the scenes, and STILL taking the time to drop in here. That other English fellow could learn a thing or three!

So, in summary, yeah. Mike RULES!!! and so ends my shameless gushing. ;)

Comment

Rocks and Rules! (and Rolls a bit too, these days, apparently) :D

Comment

Working...
                      X