Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Leg Up: Apologies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    Best wishes on your recovery. Remember that it is your foot and not the foot.

Hopefully the good people at The Hospital get it right.

EDIT: Berry here. Sorry Doc, don't want anyone getting any ideas... Name of hospital supressed.

Leave a comment:

• CandyFlossCow
    replied
    All the best Mike - get well soon!

Talking of alternative medicine, there's a new Robert N. Calvert book out:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...386594-1566846
    (Noah, not Newton. Oh well :) )

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mike. Hope those docs get their act together with their advice. Might be worth trying alternative medicine if there are any experienced practitioners nearby.

Leave a comment:

• Sa-lul
    replied
    Dear Mike, not only do we get the strange and unexpected privilege of interlocution with you (something this chatroom beginner could never have expected), but in addition you apologise even though it is plain that your input, replies and wise briefs are all over the site every day.

I do hope things get better soon and sending best wishes.

PS Why are balaclavas always associated with 'terrorism'? For quite some time wearing a black balaclava in Mexico has normally been a sign of solidarity with the Zapatistas in Chiapas!

Leave a comment:

• Dead-Air
    replied
    Not sure if Michael's get well thread is even slightly the appropriate place, but to answer Theocrat's question the picture is quite simply me:

http://home.earthlink.net/~deadair3/images/thekla4.jpg

playing on stage at the defunct club in Olympia, WA called Thekla back in 2001 with my band the Dead Air Fresheners (I also used to make a living djing at Thekla playing '80s new wave and top 40 dance music as DJ Dead-Air, but that's another story...):

http://www.deadairfresheners.com

we started wearing the masks in about 1998 (the group started in 1997) and actually posted an anti-terrorist disclaimer on the site in 2001 and dedicated our third album (with poet Chuck Swaim who is with us on the MAAS tribute doing "The Doors of Death" section) to the victims of 9/11. Our next show is March 19th in Tacoma, WA in Bob's Java Jive, a bar that's been open since the late '50s and is shaped like a Coffee Pot (the Ventures were once the house band there.)

I got a D in the Tennis unit of my 9th grade P.E. class and haven't attempted to play or watch it since.

Leave a comment:

• Ant
    replied
    Mike -

So, you won't be needing the foot of Kwll just yet... :D

Ciao,
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Obviously there's no need for any apologies, and you certainly shouldn't be worrying about us when you have healing to do. I'm still trying to get my head around the concept of writing on two computers at once and won't be able to think up any taxing questions for quite a while now...

I too shall try to send good vibes your way. Look to the skies! :D

Leave a comment:

• mordenkainen
    replied
    Take care of yourself. Attending our silly queries is not a duty :lol: though I hope somehow we can be comforting. Hope you're back on your feet soon :)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks so much, pards. Buoyed on those good wishes, my foot's bound to get better!
    :) :) :)

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Yep, your family and friends want you around for many years to come. All of your readers (old and new) want you around for many years too. And of course all of us here want your benign presence on the forum whenever you can make it. But your health comes first. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Take care of yourself, Mike. First things first, as it were. Hope you're not in too much discomfort. :(

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Theocrat
    Hey Dead-Air? Whats that avatar picture? Looks like a 'terrorist referee'
    at a tennis match.
    But only at table-tennis ...!

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    GET WELL SOON! :D

Big bunches of virtual grapes......

Leave a comment:

• Theocrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Dead-Air
    I can't imagine anyone thought you were being slow to reply to begin with! We're all thrilled with the amount of public sharing you do, and constantly surprised by it. Please don't feel compelled to do so to the detriment of your health! We all want most to have more of your books to enjoy for years to come.
    Hey Dead-Air? Whats that avatar picture? Looks like a 'terrorist referee'
    at a tennis match.

Leave a comment:

• Dead-Air
    replied
    I can't imagine anyone thought you were being slow to reply to begin with! We're all thrilled with the amount of public sharing you do, and constantly surprised by it. Please don't feel compelled to do so to the detriment of your health! We all want most to have more of your books to enjoy for years to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X