Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Leg Up: Apologies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Leg Up: Apologies

Just to apologise if I've been a bit tardy answering the Q&A and private correspondence. I developed new ulcers on my bad foot. This has meant that I have to keep my leg elevated and while I can work on
    the WP, it's very hard to shift my keyboard back to the main computer which is connected to an email server. One of the perks of working with a cordless keyboard is that I can type the same story on two different
    computers at the same time. One ulcer is clearing up well, but the problem is on the side of my foot which had the toes amputated. If I
    follow doctor's orders (well, they conflict, since I got the ulcers following one's orders to get more exercise) I should be in good shape fairly soon, with a spot of luck, but it does mean I can't use this computer as much as usual.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Re: A Leg Up: Apologies

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Just to apologise if I've been a bit tardy answering the Q&A and private correspondence. I developed new ulcers on my bad foot.
    Hmm.. Hope the foot pulls through man.. Wouldn't want you turning into a pirate. :)

Just take it easy and enjoy life. Patience is virtue after all..

/Jonas

Comment

Most important thing is take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're ready.

*sends good vibes for a speedy recovery.*

Comment

This web site is an entertainment, but not all that important in the larger scheme of things.

Take care of your foot, please. If one is a restless sort, it can be very frustrating, I know. :(

LSN

Comment

Be tardy, let the foot heal.

Okay, I'm going to sound really ignorant and ask how you damaged your foot in the first place.

Comment

Get well soon, Mike!

Comment

Hmm... Book, Message Board. Book, Message Board... I see your dilemma.

You ought to ask Berry to ban you... until you've got the book finished and your foot's fixed. :)

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan

You ought to ask Berry to ban you... until you've got the book finished and your foot's fixed. :)
                LOL, Just thinking about the Michael Moorcock Website forum...which banned Michael Moorcock gives me the giggles. Like the time Charlie Chaplin entered a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest and lost.

Comment

This foot thing's not funny at all, of course! I suspect most everybody on this Board's looking forward to it getting better. :)

Comment

Linda will keep him in line. She's got a cast iron skillet in one of the kitchen cupboards. I think its name is Eggbringer.

Mike,

Best wishes on the convalescence.

Originally posted by manmiles

LOL, Just thinking about the Michael Moorcock Website forum...which banned Michael Moorcock gives me the giggles. Like the time Charlie Chaplin entered a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest and lost.
                    http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/chaplin2.htm
                    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

A Chaplin look-alike is easy, but a Moorcock write-alike is practically impossible, so lets just be patient and wait until he's better.
                      All the Best, pard!
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                        Linda will keep him in line. She's got a cast iron skillet in one of the kitchen cupboards. I think its name is Eggbringer.

Mike,

Best wishes on the convalescence.

Originally posted by manmiles

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/chaplin2.htm
                        Dang. :lol:

Comment

I can't imagine anyone thought you were being slow to reply to begin with! We're all thrilled with the amount of public sharing you do, and constantly surprised by it. Please don't feel compelled to do so to the detriment of your health! We all want most to have more of your books to enjoy for years to come.
                          My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
                            I can't imagine anyone thought you were being slow to reply to begin with! We're all thrilled with the amount of public sharing you do, and constantly surprised by it. Please don't feel compelled to do so to the detriment of your health! We all want most to have more of your books to enjoy for years to come.
                            Hey Dead-Air? Whats that avatar picture? Looks like a 'terrorist referee'
                            at a tennis match.

Comment

GET WELL SOON! :D

Big bunches of virtual grapes......
                              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
                              X