Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Russian Rip Offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Rip Offs

This site is dedicated to Moorcock related concepts. I don't read Russian (which I assume this is due to the .ru at the end of the URL), but it appears to be a major rip off operation.

http://moorcock.gondor.ru/

For example, you can download all 7 Hawkmoon books in Word document format from this URL. It all in Russain.

http://moorcock.gondor.ru/hawkmoon.htm
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Oh my! Here is a master list of all the books they are offering for free from their site:

http://moorcock.gondor.ru/books.htm
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

The worst part is that 'Michael Moorcock' reads to the Western eye like 'Manky MoreCoke' in Cyrrhilic! Then again...

Comment

And who the heckybobs is 'Arsenot'???? Rectal aplasia is a problematic condition, but hardly a key characteristic from which to derive a fantasy character's nomenclature, surely.

Comment

This is an important part of my income and explains some mysteries!
          I'll get my agents on to it.
          Russians are always threatening to steal your books because of the problems with copyright, which put your books into the public domain.
          However, most decent publishers don't take advantage of those loopholes.
          This is partly the result of books of mine having been done as samizdhat in Soviet times.
          Anyway, I have some tough guys working for me who might find
          unconventional means of getting this sorted out. When in Moscow...
          :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
            This is an important part of my income and explains some mysteries!
            I'll get my agents on to it.
            Russians are always threatening to steal your books because of the problems with copyright, which put your books into the public domain.
            However, most decent publishers don't take advantage of those loopholes.
            This is partly the result of books of mine having been done as samizdhat in Soviet times.
            Anyway, I have some tough guys working for me who might find
            unconventional means of getting this sorted out. When in Moscow...
            :)
            What the heck is "samizdhat"?

I've not been keeping up with whats happening in russia by and large.
            Except that the mob rules many parts of society. And computer programmers are good at making games, but their working enviroment stinks.

I hate rippoffs really. Doesn't help the economy one bit. I try to always buy software and books that i like. I think it saves the consumer trouble, and helps those producing the material make more. And get more jobs maybe even. But sometimes the price just isn't right when it comes to games and we try to pirate the software. Or sometimes 'low accessibility' constrains ones chances for getting the products we crave.

Everyone wants to save money.. But money circulation also helps alot.
            We have to assure though that it falls in the 'right' hands.

So go get 'em Mike..

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
              And who the heckybobs is 'Arsenot'???? Rectal aplasia is a problematic condition, but hardly a key characteristic from which to derive a fantasy character's nomenclature, surely.
              I'm cracking up here! :lol:

Comment

Samizdat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samizdat
                Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                Bakunin

Comment

Working...
                X