Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

ecce homo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecce homo

Behold the man is a great book and would make an even better tv play...i can see it being done in the great' Play for today' tradition or like an M.R James story filmed in stark black and white and put on late at night around easter time........prhaps
    Seepage from deep,black,brittle experiments which failed and transformations too hard to find.
    "I was overcome and turned to red"
    Duster's dust became the sale.
    Lucifer the light.
    A restless motion came to move and then subside.
    In endless knocking at the door-It is time.

Mai Zetterling was going to make a film of Behold The Man at one point, but it never happened...
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

....shame :(
      Seepage from deep,black,brittle experiments which failed and transformations too hard to find.
      Lucifer the light.

Comment

There's a comment from MM here about the aborted Behold The Man movie..:

[expired link]
        Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:39 AM. Reason: Broken link fixed
        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Actually, there's another producer, whom I got on well with, currently negotiating for the BTM film rights. If he gets to do it, I'll be very happy with him, on his record.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
            Actually, there's another producer, whom I got on well with, currently negotiating for the BTM film rights. If he gets to do it, I'll be very happy with him, on his record.
            Is he a swede?
            I would rather see the swedish producers come to a close when it comes to artistic material like yours (BTM).

It would be a kick in the arse that the swedish producers need.
            I totally understand Mai's predicament when confronted with material so diverse and confrontational like BTM. Because it ask's questions which are rather unpleasant and quite true when it comes to religion et al.
            It's a viewpoint which needs a revivification.
            And who better to do it than a swede?
            But that is my biased point of view..

I would rather see the movie made, than filling some biased quota. Because i felt so much about the material itself that i feel it should be done.

It made me view christianity in a different light.
            Even though i don't view myself as a christian.

Thanks!

Comment

Mai remained a good friend until she died (far too young). The problem wasn't Mai -- it was producers and crews. She was used to working with a small crew a la SFI and the UK companies insisted on her using much larger crews, which she was unhappy about. She also had bad luck with producers (MCPs) -- as witness what was probably her least successful film Scrubbers. She wanted to do BTM in b&w and they wanted to make it in colour. Too many problems. The current guy has backed a number of very good independent films, some American some not. If he can get it off the ground, I suspect he'll do a good job.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

i hope it goes ahead ......(b&w would be best or even sepia).....not enough Moorcock at the pictures!..........Dancers at the End of Time now that would be a movie to see(mostly cgi but it would be great to see the imageryMM created come alive on screne) .......I thought some of the Architectural imagery in chronicles of Riddick were reminiscent of Londra
                Lucifer the light.

Comment

Working...
                X