Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

And then they were gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskers
    replied
    In the years multiverse.org has highlighted The Nomads Of The Time Streams and Jayde Design I have never once been contacted by a reader with a complaint about Jayde Design. I know many people have found what they sought and purchase regularly from JD. They are welcome at this site to inform readers about the material they sell.

If there is something you are after, John is your best source of finding it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Would support you there anytime. Jayde is THE best source known to me.
    Regards

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    M.M. for-sale list available.

Dear all,

Having seen our name mentioned in this Q. & A. thread, in relation to people who're struggling to track down certain hard-to-find titles, we thought we should let you know that we have a large collection of M.M. books and magazines for sale -- several hundred items -- including a lot of first editions, the "Eternal Champion" omnibuses, some of the scarcer 'New Worlds' issues, etc., plus many other more (and less) obscure items... a pretty all-encompassing list.

Anyone interested in receiving a full list of all items for sale -- or if you have specific wants -- please feel free to e-mail us at:-

[email protected]

Thanx & best,

John Davey,
    For and On Behalf of Jayde Design.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Agaain, it might be worth checking UK sources. Some stores even stocked the American editions of the omnibuses.
    I will be away for a week or so from Saturday 20th, so apologise here if
    I don't keep up with the Q&A.
    We are working towards a way of getting copies of books to readers at reasonable prices, but I doubt if we'll be able to get anything together
    very rapidly.
    Meanwhile I continue to recommend the British mass market editions, which in some ways I prefer, though I think the White Wolf editions are very handsome.
    And, while I think of it, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all readers!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dlackey
    replied
    When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale about 10 years ago, I worked with quite a few Brazilians. Started picking up some of the language even. Used to amaze the guys by reading articles from this newspaper they used to have that was written in Portuguese. But I can't read a lick of it now, so I can't really follow that site, but thanks for the links.

Those were some great guys. I got to be good friends with a couple. I remember they would take me to a Brazilian restaraunt sometimes. My favorite was feijoada.

Leave a comment:

• lordmarioh
    replied
    Well, there's a brazilian bookstore that claims to have them (but the first dancers)...

http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/sc...arceiro=oxxeox

Leave a comment:

• dlackey
    replied
    I feel for you. I need 4 hardcovers to complete my collection:

Kane
    Both Dancers books
    and Aubec

All of them are going for at least $50.00 on ABE in hardcover. Luckily, I found the last copy of Elric: Stealer of Souls on Barnes and Noble.com last year, right before someone else from this site got it!

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    It's possible that John Davey has some in stock or that the Nomads of the Time Streams do (essentially the same person -- but Nomads get them at a discount). Check out the Nomads site.
    Good luck!
    Sorry Mike, there is no Nomads site. But you can reach John Davey for orders at [email protected].

Leave a comment:

• StarvingArtist
    replied
    Thank you for the assistance Michael and company, I'll start looking to complete the series this moment. =)

kyle b.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Yes, he'll be back! Meanwhile we hope to set up some kind of online shop which will be able to supply at least some titles at reasonable prices. Nobody should pay such inflated prices for books which are, after all, generally available in their mass market UK editions, which you can order just as easily with your US credit card from Amazon.UK! The only one not in the UK series is Kane of Old Mars and I don't have many spares myself.
    Odd that it should become a rarity.
    Keep watching this space. It's possible that John Davey has some in stock or that the Nomads of the Time Streams do (essentially the same person -- but Nomads get them at a discount). Check out the Nomads site.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    abe (http://www.abe.com/) is also good for finding cheaper copies of out of print books.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    www.half.com

It's good stuff, but you need a credit card.

-Jack

Leave a comment:

• StarvingArtist
    started a topic And then they were gone

And then they were gone

Hello Michael,
    A year or two back I was introduced to your The Eternal Champion in its U.S. Omnibus print, and started by reading books 1 and 2, and in the meantime picked up several of the books that I had the money for (I'm a poor college student). Just recently at semester break, I decided to continue the series in my spare time and went to purchase Elric: The Stealer of Souls... to my dismay, I found out that within the past 2 years the omnibus has gone out of print. Luckily I was able to grab up books 1-7, 10 and 12 without even knowing this was going to happen. But now I'm left looking through listings of the U.S. Omnibus editions selling used for up to 175$, and they don't even claim to have your signature! Am I being misled, or have these books gone onto the rare list in just months of them being fully stocked on my local bookshops shelves? Also is there any futurue plans for another printing? Any help would be highly appreciated.

kyle b.
    -a new fan-

edit: apologies for retreading ground that was already covered in the forum. I got excited in finding this, and asked before thoroughly looking around for answers... Will be standing by for the next U.S. printing of the omnibus!
Working...
X