Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

CARVING OUT DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARVING OUT DESTINY

Dear mike,
    please excuse me as i am new to the multiverse org thang and am still reeling from the fact that am communicating with you....AAAAAgggghhh!!
    My friend bill and myself made the 4 hour drive to London on friday night to see The Brainsurgeons (Albert Bouchard ex blue oyster cult) at the 100 club on Oxford st,
    It was an intimate gig and the only european date in their current tour ,we had a top night and met the band etc ....and then drove back...anyway
    what we were wondering was how the writing of Blackblade came about?
    Did you all meet up together in one room and write in one go? or were there several draughts ?Did you have the lyrics already in mind and sent them by telegram?please feel free to go into detail!!
    All Praise,
    Vym
    Seepage from deep,black,brittle experiments which failed and transformations too hard to find.
    "I was overcome and turned to red"
    Duster's dust became the sale.
    Lucifer the light.
    A restless motion came to move and then subside.
    In endless knocking at the door-It is time.

Cheers. Hope it was a good gig.
    Eric Bloom's a friend of mine. He first asked for lyrics when I was in New York one time and I had The Great Sun Jester already done. Then he asked for more and I sent him Black Blade (which I'd already performed with The Deep Fix, though with my own tune) and later Veteran of the Psychic Wars. Although I've met the other band members, I don't know them well at all. I do have one story. I'd done the Hammersmith Odeon the previous week to BOC turning up to do the Odeon (or Apollo as it probably was by then) and since I only lived round the corner I went round to see the band. When we'd been in the big dressing room it had been incredibly crowded. The stage had also seemed very crowded.
    When I turned up the following week the dressing room seemed very spacious and so did the stage -- Eric running about all over it. It was only then I realised what a difference size makes (as it were). We were
    mostly around six feet, apart from one or two members, whereas BOC were all but one pretty short. It allows a lot more movement on stage
    when you're five foot five, as it were. I'd never thought about it until then.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

indeed I could have picked up Albert Bouchard and run away with him tucked under me arm.....they are indeed wee!!!
      cheers
      Vym
      Seepage from deep,black,brittle experiments which failed and transformations too hard to find.
      "I was overcome and turned to red"
      Duster's dust became the sale.
      Lucifer the light.
      A restless motion came to move and then subside.
      In endless knocking at the door-It is time.

Comment

Working...
      X