Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
    Gah! demos beats me by mere seconds!
    PWV, just get yourself such a dashing scarf and you'll be spitfire-quick as Demos99 ...!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Hee hee! :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Gah! demos beats me by mere seconds!

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by LEtranger
    Do we have the cover of the book yetb that is currently on sale?
    [broken link]
    Yup Yup! :D

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    LE, [broken link]here, I think.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Do we have the cover of the book yetb that is currently on sale?
    [broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Aral, am I right in think you uploaded the Melvyn Vanishing Tower cover to Limbo? And the Daw Books' Steel Tsar? If so, :clap: . I've been looking for a decent-sized scan of the VT book and had so far failed to find one, and I'd no idea the Daw book even existed. :)

Oh, and I meant to reply earlier:
    Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
    demos, I see you have uploaded Mike's letter to the TLS regarding the Naked Lunch. This can go with the cover scan I did ages ago of the Calder edition of Naked Lunch (is that where your scan came from?)
    The cover of my The Naked Lunch that I scanned Mike's letter from has a different cover to the one you provided. My edition is the 1986 Paladin edition, with a painted cover by Mark Foreman. Since it's the letter that's significant I didn't think there was any point uploading the cover as well.

Leave a comment:

• KenBoorman
    replied
    Hi Aral,
    Yes, the scans I meant are the ones of The White Wolf's Son. I'll go through all my old books to see if I can fill some gaps too :)

Ken

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Are those the White Wolf's Son scans Ken? Of course they are wanted, along with anything else not already in the Gallery (or better scans of ones already there).

demos, I see you have uploaded Mike's letter to the TLS regarding the Naked Lunch. This can go with the cover scan I did ages ago of the Calder edition of Naked Lunch (is that where your scan came from?) I wondered if we shouldn't have a separate Letters album in the Covers and Pages section, where we can move any scans of magazines and books containing letters from Mike? The Naked Lunch cover scan is currently sitting in the Miscellaneous section:

[broken link]

We could also move the scans of Speculation and Zenith Speculation and letters from Sexton Blake Library there. Some are sitting in the Other Magazine Appearances album:

[broken link]

I have a number of other magazines with letters from Mike that could be added, although I might not be able to scan the letters themselves, it depends on the binding.

Leave a comment:

• KenBoorman
    replied
    I just uploaded some images of a book I won on eBay. I'm not sure which section they should be in, or even if they are wanted. Please move them or delete them as you see fit. They are on this page:
    [broken link]

Ken

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
    I'd be interested in bidding on A Winter Admiral demos, but as you spotted it first you ought to have first call. I'll wait until tomorrow and then bid if you haven't? I won't bid against you though...
    I've scanned and uploaded two images of the 'A Winter Admiral' short story that appeared in the Daily Telegraph (see 'Moorcock on eBay' thread for details).

[broken link][broken link]

Because the story's relatively recent (9 years old), and as it's still available in Mike's London Bone collection, the 'full page' scan is really more of a large 'thumbnail', i.e. it gives you enough detail to see the layout, etc. without being actually readable (hopefully).

The second image is a fairly large scan of the illustration that accompanied the story.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Hi demos,

That postcard is very impressive. :D

Good job on the image gallery too, I view it often and just when I think I find something that is not in there, I spot the image. :lol:

I see now that I don't have the fraction of the material that is out there. :)

I'll finish what I have first then try to find the rare items. It gives me something to keep an eye out for from now on.

Thanks to all chaos engineers and everyone here. ;)

-Lemec

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I've scanned and uploaded Mike's Introduction to Iain Sinclair's Lud Heat, which apart from being 'a great fusion of prose and verse' was also an inspiration for and influence on Alan Moore's From Hell graphic novel.

[broken link]

On a more personal note, I've scanned and uploaded a postcard that Mike sent me in 1992 in response to a Jerry Cornelius story I'd given him at a book signing (for Death Is No Obstacle/Jerusalem Commands if memory serves).

[broken link]

Notice that it's not the first postcard from Mike to be uploaded to Limbo. Wonder where the best place for them to go in the IG would be?

PS. No takers for the German JC books mentioned previously yet, so unless I hear from anyone in the next week or so, I'll try my luck with them on eBay.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Thanks to eBay I've obtained, scanned and uploaded the Jerry Cornelius book covers to the German album [broken link]

[broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link]

I've added the first two covers to their existing albums and created new albums for the other three covers, although those aren't in alphabetical order yet. (The Entropie-Tango novel also includes the German version of The Distant Suns.)

I'm now left with an interesting problem. I have these five german-language editions of the JC novels, but I can't read German, so there's not much point my keeping them. Any German readers here interested in acquiring these books? If so, please let me know. :)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Oops, missed it up to now. Nice picture though. :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X