Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've harvested a load of Russian editions of Mike's work and placed them in Limbo. (Thanks to Ian Covell for the link - http://www.ozon.ru/context/book_cata...atalog/1072097).

I'm put the English titles in the entries where known, but since the site I got them from is written in the Russian cyrillic script - and since my Russian is non-existent - there's quite a few covers where I haven't managed to identify what they actually. Any Russian readers might like to check them out at:

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:41 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• All the Russian editions are now in their own album in the Non-English editions album and can be viewed [broken link]here

Any help with translations of the unidentified titles will be gratefully received.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Uploaded a bunch of proper scans (as opposed to harvested stuff from the Internet) into Limbo tonight. There's three all-new scans and three better quality (larger) scans of some stuff that's already present.

Go to: [broken link]
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Bugger! I've done for this link as well. Sorry demos. It's nothing personal, honest! :)
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Just been browsing in the Gallery and saw this rather nice colour pic of Mike that I've not seen before, not sure how long it's been there:

[broken link]

Anyone know where it was taken, when it dates from etc (mid 60s I imagine)? Be nice to have some more details on the photos submitted if anyone can supply them, either at the time of submission or later.
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM.
            'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

• That's the photo that Berry was referring to in this post:

Originally posted by On Sep 22 Berry Sizemore
              Someone may have accidentally deleted that image of Mike in Limbo where he's got that giant cigar in front of the typewriter. :x
              of which Mike said:

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              That was by Bruce Burn, one of the few credited pictures, Berry. I'd never seen it before.

Comment

• Oops, missed it up to now. Nice picture though. :)
                'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

• Thanks to eBay I've obtained, scanned and uploaded the Jerry Cornelius book covers to the German album [broken link]

[broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link]

I've added the first two covers to their existing albums and created new albums for the other three covers, although those aren't in alphabetical order yet. (The Entropie-Tango novel also includes the German version of The Distant Suns.)

I'm now left with an interesting problem. I have these five german-language editions of the JC novels, but I can't read German, so there's not much point my keeping them. Any German readers here interested in acquiring these books? If so, please let me know. :)
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• I've scanned and uploaded Mike's Introduction to Iain Sinclair's Lud Heat, which apart from being 'a great fusion of prose and verse' was also an inspiration for and influence on Alan Moore's From Hell graphic novel.

[broken link]

On a more personal note, I've scanned and uploaded a postcard that Mike sent me in 1992 in response to a Jerry Cornelius story I'd given him at a book signing (for Death Is No Obstacle/Jerusalem Commands if memory serves).

[broken link]

Notice that it's not the first postcard from Mike to be uploaded to Limbo. Wonder where the best place for them to go in the IG would be?

PS. No takers for the German JC books mentioned previously yet, so unless I hear from anyone in the next week or so, I'll try my luck with them on eBay.
                    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Hi demos,

That postcard is very impressive. :D

Good job on the image gallery too, I view it often and just when I think I find something that is not in there, I spot the image. :lol:

I see now that I don't have the fraction of the material that is out there. :)

I'll finish what I have first then try to find the rare items. It gives me something to keep an eye out for from now on.

Thanks to all chaos engineers and everyone here. ;)

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
                        I'd be interested in bidding on A Winter Admiral demos, but as you spotted it first you ought to have first call. I'll wait until tomorrow and then bid if you haven't? I won't bid against you though...
                        I've scanned and uploaded two images of the 'A Winter Admiral' short story that appeared in the Daily Telegraph (see 'Moorcock on eBay' thread for details).

[broken link][broken link]

Because the story's relatively recent (9 years old), and as it's still available in Mike's London Bone collection, the 'full page' scan is really more of a large 'thumbnail', i.e. it gives you enough detail to see the layout, etc. without being actually readable (hopefully).

The second image is a fairly large scan of the illustration that accompanied the story.

Comment

• I just uploaded some images of a book I won on eBay. I'm not sure which section they should be in, or even if they are wanted. Please move them or delete them as you see fit. They are on this page:
                          [broken link]

Ken
                          Ken Boorman
                          Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

• Are those the White Wolf's Son scans Ken? Of course they are wanted, along with anything else not already in the Gallery (or better scans of ones already there).

demos, I see you have uploaded Mike's letter to the TLS regarding the Naked Lunch. This can go with the cover scan I did ages ago of the Calder edition of Naked Lunch (is that where your scan came from?) I wondered if we shouldn't have a separate Letters album in the Covers and Pages section, where we can move any scans of magazines and books containing letters from Mike? The Naked Lunch cover scan is currently sitting in the Miscellaneous section:

[broken link]

We could also move the scans of Speculation and Zenith Speculation and letters from Sexton Blake Library there. Some are sitting in the Other Magazine Appearances album:

[broken link]

I have a number of other magazines with letters from Mike that could be added, although I might not be able to scan the letters themselves, it depends on the binding.

Comment

• Hi Aral,
                              Yes, the scans I meant are the ones of The White Wolf's Son. I'll go through all my old books to see if I can fill some gaps too :)

Ken
                              Ken Boorman
                              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

• Aral, am I right in think you uploaded the Melvyn Vanishing Tower cover to Limbo? And the Daw Books' Steel Tsar? If so, :clap: . I've been looking for a decent-sized scan of the VT book and had so far failed to find one, and I'd no idea the Daw book even existed. :)

Oh, and I meant to reply earlier:
                                Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
                                demos, I see you have uploaded Mike's letter to the TLS regarding the Naked Lunch. This can go with the cover scan I did ages ago of the Calder edition of Naked Lunch (is that where your scan came from?)
                                The cover of my The Naked Lunch that I scanned Mike's letter from has a different cover to the one you provided. My edition is the 1986 Paladin edition, with a painted cover by Mark Foreman. Since it's the letter that's significant I didn't think there was any point uploading the cover as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X