Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remain impressed with the efficiency of the group maintaining the Image Gallery.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

• Sorry demos, looks like we've been at work in Limbo at the same time again. Perhaps that was why you have mis-labelled this [broken link]one?

Originally posted by Krzysiek
      ...there's only one cover to add - "I ujrzeli czlowieka" ("Behold the Man").
      I have added this [broken link]

I have moved the rest of your ULs to the relevant albums, demos.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:21 AM.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        I remain impressed with the efficiency of the group maintaining the Image Gallery.
        Aw, shucks. :oops:
        You posted that while I was answering demos.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
          Sorry demos, looks like we've been at work in Limbo at the same time again. Perhaps that was why you have mis-labelled this [broken link]one?

I have moved the rest of your ULs to the relevant albums, demos.
          I'm sure it was labelled correctly when I uploaded the image. :? Perhaps the influence of Chaos is more dominant when you have two Chaos Engineers working in the IG at the same time? Whatever, I've corrected the text so if you want to move it to the relevant album feel free. :)

Thanks for moving everything else for me, btw. :clap:
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• [quote=Governor of Rowe Island]I have added [broken link]
            Thanks! Where did you find it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Krzysiek
              Thanks! Where did you find it?
              I googled for "I ujrzeli czlowieka" (web not image search) and it turned up on the tenth page, which is/was -

http://pp.allegro.pl/showcat.php?id=...view=gtext&p=4

There are a few others there and I also harvested higher resolution front and back scans of 'The Weird Of The White Wolf' -

[broken link][broken link]

and 'The Revenge Of The Rose' -

[broken link]
              [broken link]
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• I've been scouring the various foreign Amazon sites and have managed to add 3 pages of images to Limbo tonight, including:

[broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link]

The first three join up to form a triptych, I'm not sure if the fourth quite fits. Perhaps that's the hardcover version?

[broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link]

EDIT: There's some Japanese Hawkmoon covers [broken link]here (Limbo page 5) I've just uploaded.
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:22 AM.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Nice work, demos!

I found and ULed the 'Vengeance...' cover but that was while I was looking for something else, so I didn't come across the other three.

I did find a [broken link]Berkley 'Twilight Man' and a [broken link]Paperback Library 'Winds Of Limbo.'

I also found this interesting [broken link]item which I was wasn't sure about adding to the gallery, because of the reason it was created, as given in the text.

I see you've been (are still) busy in Limbo again too, demos! I got it down to six images last night and now it's back up to 40. Don't you sleep? You're not taking those pills Perdix gave you for your dog, are you? :)

I'll leave your ULs where they are for now, but I can tell I'm going to have to keep and eye on it, to stop it getting get too full. With my bumbling around looking for images and your apparently structured searches, the Non-English editions has swelled by quite a bit, not forgetting Krzysiek contribution.

Excellent effort! :D

(I'll send you an updated hierarchy soon, PWV, if you're reading this.)
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                    I see you've been (are still) busy in Limbo again too, demos! I got it down to six images last night and now it's back up to 40. Don't you sleep? You're not taking those pills Perdix gave you for your dog, are you? :)
                    Dog? DOG?! I thought he said 'God'!! 8O My dyslexia can be a really bother sometimes. (I thought it was odd - since I'm only made in the image of God - rather than the deity Himself (Herself? Itself?) - but since I have a cat I couldn't think what else to do with them.)

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                    I'll leave your ULs where they are for now, but I can tell I'm going to have to keep and eye on it, to stop it getting get too full. With my bumbling around looking for images and your apparently structured searches, the Non-English editions has swelled by quite a bit, not forgetting Krzysiek contribution.
                    I've probably finished uploading for the time being so, so feel free to disperse them where you see fit. I found a couple of better images from some I uploaded yesterday, so we can probably delete the earlier ones to keep things tidy. (Specifically the German editions of 'WotWW' and 'Gloriana'.)

Comment

• Oh yes, I uploaded a cover for 'Moorcock's Miscellany' but when I checked Limbo it wasn't there, which probably means it's landed in some other Gallery or Album by mistake (depending where I was in the IG at the time). The text is a bit more verbose than the second copy I successfully managed to upload to Limbo, so if you see it anywhere on your travels (probably in the Non-English bit or maybe the 'Novels' gallery) please put it in the right place.

Ta! :up:

Comment

• Okay, I'll keep an eye out when I do the moving. :)

Comment

• Sorry, Guv, but there's a 7th page now (mostly Italian covers). :oops:

Comment

• Limbo is down to ten images now (unfortunately that means your montage doesn't work anymore, sorry demos, you might want to edit your post.)
                            All the non-english editions are in their respective albums but they need tidying up. I'll have to have a look around the anthologies albums to see what need to go where, before I move them. Does anyone know if there is an album for forewords, introductions, prefaces, etc.? I feel that they could do with one, because they don't really belong in with anthologies or anthology appearances IMO. Maybe as a sub-album of anthologies? Does anyone else agree or disagree?.

Comment

• Guv, we have an album for scans of Mike's Introductions at:

[broken link]

Perhaps we could have a sub-album there for the covers as well?
                              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• It's strange what one fails to notice! :lol:

Ok, I'm thinking along the lines of a sub-album for each title and in that will go cover images and any scans of text, within this album. Sound about right?

(Is there really any difference between a forward, introduction or a preface?)

Comment

Working...
                                X