Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've uploaded most of the Polish editions:
    [broken link]
    AFAIK there's only one cover to add - "I ujrzeli czlowieka" ("Behold the Man").
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Fantastic!
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Excellent stuff, Krzysiek! The Non-English editions album has been my baby up 'til now and I would like to thank you for this wonderful addition.

It bears out my assertion that Mike has been excellently served by his cover artists everywhere his work has appeared.

Thanks again.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Now that is just too cool!

As they say in the spaghetti westers, "Bravo!" :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Krzysiek
            I've uploaded most of the Polish editions:
            [broken link]

AFAIK there's only one cover to add - "I ujrzeli czlowieka" ("Behold the Man").
            Great work, Krzys.

Some nice new pics and some familiar images in new contexts.

I wonder if Frazetta got any royalties? :)
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
              I wonder if Frazetta got any royalties? :)
              So do I :(

Comment

I've upload the cover of Interzone #137, which contains the JC story 'Cheering for the Rockets' to the Image Gallery:

[broken link]

as well as some cover scans of the 1975 edition of Elric of Melnibone from Arrow.

[broken link]

Incidentally, does anyone know who the cover artist for this edition was?

[broken link]

Or why Elric's depicted wearing Full Plate Mail armour (AC 0)?
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Stange, the cover for "The Runestaff" is the pic used for "The Eternal Champion: Erekose" books

Comment

News scans of hardback firsts:

Sleeping Sorceress (UK):

[broken link]

Lives and Times (UK):

[broken link]

Legends From The End Of Time (US):

[broken link]

A Cure For Cancer (US)
                    [broken link]

Comment

• Originally posted by demos99
                      ...cover scans of the 1975 edition of Elric of Melnibone from Arrow.

[broken link]

Incidentally, does anyone know who the cover artist for this edition was?
                      Nice work on that composite scan! I must try some of those.

Don't know the artist. Quite a nice job. Even if Elric is less than albinoid. The background seems more suited to illustrate Strombringer, though.

Comment

• Thanks for that US Cure For Cancer cover Guy. I quite like it, although some don't. And that's a great portrait of Mike on the back. Must try and pick one up.

I've always liked the 1975 Arrow Elric Of Melnibone too, although I think it makes him look too old.
                        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

• Looking through Diamond's Previews magazine for December 2005 today I noticed this advert for an upcoming issue Paul Grist's Jack Staff comic:

[broken link]
                          Big image: [broken link]

JACK STAFF #11
                          Written by PAUL GRIST
                          Art & cover by PAUL GRIST
                          He's the Eternal Warrior, a champion destined to wander through time and space for all eternity. Fighting.
                          So what's he doing in the middle of a supermarket carpark in the center of Castletown? More fighting, really. And his fist opponent is John (Jack Staff) Smith!
                          Also in this issue, find out the secret history of the Nazi Super Villain Kaptain Krieg!
                          December 29• 32 pg • FC • $3.50

I suppose this should go in the Album: Comics: Parodies, right?
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Crikey, chaps!

Paul Grist, as enny fule kno, is somewhat brilliant, so this should be fun!

Comment

• Sadly I can't really afford to support a comic book habit at the moment, but the last title I bought was Grist's Kane. His Sin City parody/homage issue was genius, so this could be very good indeed. Now, if only our comic shop hadn't closed down... :(

Oh, just look at that penmanship... damn/bless him!
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

• I've, er, 'harvested' a whole load of foreign Moorcock books from eBay and placed them in Limbo (although I think someone's sorting them as I type ;)). Mostly German titles but a smattering of Italian and French covers as well.

[broken link]

I've also 'harvested' some new copies of the Whelan Daw covers - the composition isn't ideal but the level of detail is better than some of the Daw covers we've already got in the IG.
                                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X