Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggested the very same thing about some various JC editions a little further up this thread, and look where they are now.
    Yes! They made me a Chaos Engineer and told me to bloody well move them myself! :lol:
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
      Originally posted by GuyLawley
      Scans of the 1988 Chronicles of Count Brass set can now be found in the respective book albums here:
      Many thanks for those scans, Guy. Damon does a pretty neat line in architecture, doesn't he? :)
      And boats.

And skies and seagulls and the like.

Shame about the people!
      :)

Nah, they're pretty good covers really. I'd favour a bit more action, or at least humanity, but they are good to look at; they perhaps do more to say "this book is a class act" than another pic of a guy with a sword.

Comment

Right! Limbo is down to one page, thanks to the efforts of PWV and myself (mainly PWV.)
        There is a new folder in [broken link]Covers and Pages entitled [broken link]Published Interviews where a few items have been moved. There are also a few new additions to [broken link]Anthologies.
        You'll have to ask PWV what he moved where. Or better still go and have a look. There are some fantastic images in there!
        Both locations need tidying up a bit, which will be done. (Eventually!)

Go on do your best, fill up Limbo again, and we'll find homes for it. (Again, eventually. :) )
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:17 AM.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Extra Smilies

For those who like to use smilies, there is an album with a few extras [broken link]here. [broken link] W00T!
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

What can I say, except:

[broken link]
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I echo Dee's [broken link]

All the Chaos Engineers should be on [broken link]. At times you must get very [broken link]]: the scale of the task that faces you must make you [broken link]Do you ever get the feeling others here are[broken link] on you and you just want to go into [broken link]?

Perhaps your secret is that you all [broken link]

You can justifiably feel [broken link]All I can say is, [broken link]

Ciao,
              Ant
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I think I detect urine being extracted.

(B0ll0cks! How'd they get them f*ckin' new ones to work?!?)

Comment

Guv, go to the link I provided. Click on the smilie you want. That will take you to a page with just that emoticon. Copy the image path* of that emoticon and place it in your post using the [img] tag.

*You can copy the image path by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image Location" (or something similar, depending on your browser). Not sure what the process is on a Mac, but it can't be too much different.

I'd talked to Berry about getting more smilies added and he just doesn't have the time right now to work on that, so I thought this would be an OK fix for now.

Comment

Finally updated the Table of Contents

*whew* Finally got the [broken link]Image Gallery Table of Contents list updated! My, but it's becoming a huge list! [broken link]

Stuart (Guv) has really been busting his hump with the[broken link]creating all kinds of new categories and organizing a huge amount of images. The least I could do is update the bleedin' list of albums so everyone could get an idea of the immense scope of his undertaking! Just look at the collection of [broken link]French Edition covers he's put together! Wow!
                    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I can't help but notice that other language editions are a bit scarce in comparison. I intend to make an effort to correct this as well as I can by trawling the net for images. Meanwhile I would encourage anyone who has them to add them to Limbo, with the proviso that the uploader look at the imformation displayed with the pictures and to follow the same format.
                      I'd like to add that it has been a total pleasure - Mike has had some fantastic covers wherever his work has been published.

Comment

Just to say I've uploaded Mike's 'Introduction' that appeared in issue 1 of the 'Saga of the Man Elf' comic. I've stuck it in the SotME gallery rather than in the 'Interviews' gallery, but it got me thinking: is there any mileage in scanning Mike's Introductions to other non-Moorcock books? For instance, I've got copies of Charles Harness' The Rose and Henry Treece's The Golden Stranger which both have introductions by Mike in them.

Would a) people be interested in reading what Mike has to say about other writers? and b) would Mike mind? A writer earns his living from his words and I'm wary about scanning blocks of text without first checking that Mike's happy about this.

[broken link]
                        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:19 AM.
                        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I think Mike's intros and editorials make for great reading.

IIRC there are loads of the latter in New Worlds that we haven't scanned.

We don't want to take bread'n'butter out of the man's mouth, but on the other hand I don't see a "collected editorials and introductions of M Moorcock" being published any time soon, so I expect MM will be happy enough for us to do it.

I can list the issues of New Worlds, for example, which I have in a scannable state. And I just got The Great Captains by Treece with an MM intro. (I bought this for the Treece! The intro was a bonus!)

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                            And I just got The Great Captains by Treece with an MM intro. (I bought this for the Treece! The intro was a bonus!)
                            Guy, was that the copy that was up on eBay recently from 'bobshrunkle'? If so, then I saw that auction and was quite interested because (as mentioned above) I recently got the Savoy The Golden Strangers off eBay as well not so long ago, but when I saw the handle of the 'current bidder' I had a feeling it might be yours and didn't think it was worth getting into a bidding war with one of 'our own', so to speak. :)

Must say that Cawthorn's illustrations in the Treece are excellent, but also a little different from what I've seen from him before. Looks like he may have used some sort of duo-tone board to give a 'shading' effect to the drawings.
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but we have standing permission to post any and all of Mike's New Worlds stuff, though posting pieces from other writers is a bit iffy.

To Guy & Aral: Once I suggested we post all of the New Worlds covers and we said that wasn't really a good idea because we were focusing on Mike's stuff. Now I remember why I suggested it: Mike owns New Worlds. Perhaps we can have an album that collects them all, including perhaps dupes (not neccesary) as a repository for prosperity. Thoughts?
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I personally feel that any pre MM-edited New Worlds covers in the gallery should be Moorcock-related, but others may feel differently.

On the subject of the Treece intros, I have a couple of them that are detached from the original Savoy editions and could therefore be scanned easily, subject to Mike's permission. Slightly foolishly I disposed of the books themselves several years ago but kept the introductions (!). I'd like to get the books back again at some point, but it does mean I can scan the intros without damaging the books... :roll:
                                'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Working...
                                X