Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Image Gallery Gets a Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember, a while back, now, that I criticised the image gallery. Well, PWV, you've done it exactly the way I thought would be the easiest to navigate around, and I can only commend and thank you for this.

Could I suggest, though (sorry to add to your tasks), that 'A Cornelius Calendar' in this gallery -[broken link]
    is moved to this Album - [broken link]
    I feel it belongs with its companion 'The Cornelius Quartet.'

(You'll have to tell me how you do that thing where you say [broken link]here and it links to the relevant item.)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:28 AM.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

That last post, by the way, advanced me to Guardian of the Grail.

I progress!

Slowly!
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Hey Guv-

I thought PWV was supposed to be the one with OCD.

Of course it takes one to know one. It just feels better to have the Quartet and Calendar together, doesn't it. :D No, really!

Comment

If I was really picky, I could suggest that The Cornelius Chronicles should go there too...

Comment

I'll take care of those today, Guv, thanks. I don't have a vast knowledge of the content every single thing Mike has written, so if a scan should go somewhere else, by all means, let me know! I always welcome helpful suggestions.

The question one must ask oneself is:

WWMMPI?

(Where Would Michael Moorcock Put It?)
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Under a pile of comic books next to a half eaten tin of beans next to the toy soldier case?
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Um -- MM would put it in the huge pile in the Shed of Shame, which is why he can never find anything. This site is actually helping me a lot.
                Of course, it doesn't always reflect my own view of my past. I have a copy of RAMBLER I intend to pass on for appearance on the site. It was the folk music fanzine I produced in 1958 and has some interesting stuff (especially a good anecdote about Jack Elliot and Daryl Adams) but shows a rather priggish MM complaining about the blanket hatred of 'the boss' found in the IWW song book. By the end of that year I happen to know I was taking a radical view somewhat to the left of the IWW -- but it did remind me how conservative teenagers can be and that I was not any less conservative! Strange, since I'd already done stuff for the Liberals and canvassed for Labour. Seems I was a proto-NuLab at that point. My experience of Corporate Publishing at Fleetway soon gave me experience of 'the boss' I hadn't previously enjoyed. I also learned that these monsters actually slept soundly in their beds at night and some of them had even been a bit left-wing in their youth. Strange that a year or so later the bosses at Fleetway were firmly convinced I was a fully paid up member of the Communist Party and the only reason they didn't fire me was because they were convinced I would soon be marching down Ludgate Hill, St Paul's blazing behind the division of the Red Army which I, wearing steel-rimmed glasses and looking suddenly like Tom Courtney in Doctor Zhivago, was leading on Fleetway House to exact revenge on those who had got up my nose and cart them off to Waterloo where the Gulag Special awaited... As it happens, I haven't even taken fictitious revenge on them, unless you count the parody of Fleetway and some of the 'bosses' there in The Russian Intelligence. And What The Public Wants, a story which I don't think ever saw the light of day.
                The Rambler ? Now there's a new pseudonym if MWM refuses to accept me as a member in the future.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                  (You'll have to tell me how you do that thing where you say here and it links to the relevant item.)
                  put the target URL in the [url] tag, like this: [url=whateverdotcom] then write the here or whatever you fancy then insert the 'close url' tag
                  e.g.

Code:
                  [url=multiverse.org/etc] [b][u]click me![/u][/b][/url]
                  thassit.

Comment

Thanks mordenkainen. I'll have a go at that next time I post a link.

Comment

Wanted to let you all know the Albums for A Cornelius Calendar, The Cornelius Chronicles, The Cornelius Quartet and The Lives and Times of Jerry Cornelius have been moved to the [broken link]Jerry Cornelius Anthologies Album.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
                      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:15 AM.
                      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to upload an book cover for the Image Gallery, but I keep getting the following message at the end of the upload:

Processing status...

- Adding Gloriana_or_The_Unfulfill_d_Queen_Flamingo_1988.jp g
                        Resizing/compressing original image
                        Warning: getimagesize(/home/bls/public_html/images/albums/album58/Gloriana_or_The_Unfulfill_d_Queen_Flamingo_1988.jp g): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bls/public_html/modules/Gallery/util.php on line 397

Does this mean the image isn't uploading? The file size is about 2Mb. (Dimensions: 1221x1875 pixels) Should I keep trying or is there something else I should do?

Cheers,
                        David
                        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

demos, that might be too big. I'm going to research that and report back. Thanks.
                          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

demos,

You don't have access to that album. Please drop your image in this album:

[broken link]

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                              demos,

You don't have access to that album. Please drop your image in this album:

[broken link]

Thanks!
                              Hi Berry,

Sorry, but I'm still having problems with this upload. :(

When I follow the link you posted there's a pulldown menu on the righthand-side (top) called <admin options> with an option to add photos, but when I use that I keep getting the error message I posted above.

So, I'm thinking, maybe I should click on that big 'Upload Your Images Here' picture. ;) Only thing is, when I do I see:

Description: To contribute an image to MWM, use the pulldown menu on the righthand side of this page and select "add photos". A popup window with tabs should appear. Choose the "Form" tab and submit your image. It may take some time, so be patient. Your contribution should be as large as possible and the highest quality possible. Also, be as descriptive as you can in the caption and be sure to credit the original artist when possible. Also, please seek permission from the original artist at some point. Thanks for contributing!

but I can't see a pulldown menu on that page > [broken link] <. :(

There's a link to "[add comment]" below the 'Description' and links (top and bottom) to:

Gallery: Moorcock Image Gallery
                              Album: Limbo
                              Album: Put Your Images In Here

but no pulldown menu as on the previous page.

I'm using IE6 and Firefox with the same result in both browsers, so I don't think it's a browser issue. It's probably just something I'm doing wrong. :? I mean, the thing must still be working for all the new MWM logos to keep being uploaded.

Sorry to be a pain. (I just hope the cover's worth it after all this. :P )

Cheers,
                              David
                              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:30 AM.
                              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Are you on dialup?

Comment

Working...
                                X