Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bump Band Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Just Mac, though I ran into Rod once or twice when he was folking.
    Long John Baldry, whom I knew in the old days (and now lives in Canada) discovered Rod on Balham Station. Funny thing is, I used to play on Balham Station, too. Blimey! Does that mean I might have been the lead singer with the Faces if I'd been there at the right time ?
    We all come from the same basic background, went to the same gigs, were on the same circuits. Essentially the British blues/R&B scene. Mac's about five years younger than me. I was an old hippy when he was a young mod.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    My own view was that the Faces should never have used Rod Stewart, but there it is. Essentially the band wound up being Rod's backing band, when he owed the start of his career to them.
    Well that's true to an extent, but I thought Rod's voice suited the Faces musical style. Stay With Me is a great song. Did you know the rest of the guys as well, or just Mac? They always looked like they were having a great time on stage from the clips I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasL
    replied
    For those within the San Antonio, TX area:
    Before the 'Go West' tour, The Bump Band will be playing Saturday, Feb. 5th, at Casbeers - located at 1719 Blanco Road. Show starts at 8 pm.

Just a friendly fyi. :)

TL

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    My own view was that the Faces should never have used Rod Stewart, but there it is. Essentially the band wound up being Rod's backing band, when he owed the start of his career to them. But there you go. There's a new Faces compilation box that's very tasty and a whole load of Mac's
    Bump Band CDs to choose from, many very good indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Ah, The Faces. Rod Stewart did his best work when he was with them.

Leave a comment:

• zakt
    replied
    Oo! and Mark Andes, late of Spirit, who should have been much bigger. It's a bit far for me though.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    started a topic Bump Band Tour

Bump Band Tour

Just to let you know that Mac McLagan and the Bump Band are going to be touring, mostly in California, this month. LA, San Francisco, San Diego and other gigs. Check out macspages for details. Mac and I share a common past. He's the keyboard player of the Faces and has played with some of the greatest rock and rollers of our time, including
    the Stones and Dylan. His book All the Rage is the best book about
    British rock and roll that I know. He's a great bloke. A rock and roll legend! Go and see him, if you get the chance.

'Go West' Tour - February 2005

Ian 'Mac' McLagan * 'Scrappy' Jud Newcomb * Mark Andes * Don Harvey

Thursday, February 10th - Slim's, San Francisco CA
    Friday, February 11th - Tangier, Los Angeles, CA
    Saturday, February 12th - The Mint, Los Angeles, CA
    Monday, February 14th - Croce's Top Hat, San Diego CA
    Wednesday, February 16th - The Rhythm Room, Phoenix AZ
    Friday, February 18th - Railroad Blues, Alpine TX
    Saturday, February 19th - Hill Country Opry & Grill, Kerrville TX

SXSW gig announcements coming soon!
Working...
X