Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr. MOORCOCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terentek
    replied
    Hi Michael

Hi Michael...
    Well,that's quite amazing....
    What a wonderful possible connection
    Reading it there like that, the book and the place became forever linked.
    Even when I have re-read it,it's strange,like the brain remembering a scent,which is not like remembering a name or place,but the smell of the air,the atmosphere...
    It seems to have sunk into the pages of that particular book.
    Which is pretty magical.
    Thanks Michael.
    Nigel.
    :)

Leave a comment:

• kard
    replied
    let me add my belated congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I love Dunster. I used to go on holiday near there with my mother as a kid and we often visited Dunster. Who knows, maybe a little bit of Dunster got into The Golden Barge! Some of my happiest memories are of going for long walks on my own and lying in the long grass under the sun reading a favourite book.
    Thanks, Marie-Bernadette!!

Leave a comment:

• Marie-Bernadette
    replied
    Happy Belated B-day

:oops: Dear Mr. Moorcock,

I haven't had a chance to post here in ages and for some reason I was thinking your birthday was in January, so I thought my first post after my long absence would be to say "Happy Birthday", then I saw that I missed it!

I'll remember for sure next year.

Cheers,
    Marie-Bernadette

Leave a comment:

• Terentek
    replied
    Birthday

Hi Michael...
    May every day feel like a birthday for you!
    Quick memory(Sorry)(LOL)...
    I remember reading THE GOLDEN BARGE down by a quiet river in a village called Dunster in Somerset..
    Beautiful summers day,sitting on the grass,no noise of traffic,just the sound of the river and your words....
    Beautiful.
    Yes everyday should feel like your birthday because of the millions of memories,thoughts,songs,and images that you have given us all.
    Thank you Michael.
    Nigel.
    :D

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Wow! More free food. It's beginning to feel that every day's my birthday! :D

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    happy belated birthday Mr. Moorcock! Sorry it's been so long. I've been...out of touch, I guess you could say. In any case, I still hope to make it down to Bastrop soemtime when you're around, I owe you a dinner I believe!

Very Best!

E

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I think I feel humbled, as a matter of fact.

Leave a comment:

• Terentek
    replied
    Yikes!!

Hi Michael...
    Yikes!!
    Doing a happy dance here,Michael answered my post!
    Sorry Michael :D
    I wanted to repay a fraction of the debt I owe to you.
    I know you hear it all the time,and everyone wants to tell their version of how you influenced them.
    I could prattle on all day and bore you to tears no doubt,but thanks for everything Michael,especially all those memories,scenes from books,and the music in my head.
    Nigel.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Just a tremendous piece of work! I'm so impressed.
    And moved!
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Terentek
    replied
    Happy birthday Michael!

Hi Michael...
    VERY belated happy birthday!
    Apologies for that,I have been living under a pair of headphones for weeks now,and just got here.
    I was delighted to read your response to the music that we all did.
    The MMAAS team are a wonderful bunch of people,I was so excited to be a part of the music making.
    Anyway,happy birthday Michael,sorry I was SO late!
    Thank you for all your wonderful books and music,and for so many treasured memories linked to your works.
    Nigel.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Hmm. Has he read 'Hanging the Fool' by any chance ?
    :)

Leave a comment:

• Rymdolov
    replied
    He does have metal claws on his right hand as some kind of jewelry. Unfortunately he can't log on to MWM, but he sends his best wishes and says that it wouldn't be too bad if his back turned out to be the legal property of Michael Moorcock...

Leave a comment:

• DeepFixer
    replied
    Many belated Birthday Wishes, Boss Pard!! :D (my cat Missy says "Happy Happy" too!)

Would've posted earlier, but I was quite busy fighting off hordes of venemous Elveses, and had to chase Santa down and ask him why I didn't get a Rickenbacker for X-Mas.

Naughty, my arse!! I haven't commited any Acts of Chaos for a while . . . or maybe THAT'S the reason why . . . hmm . . .

Anyhoo, Happy Birthday, Happy Christmas, Happy New year

happy-happy, joy-joy, happy-happy, joy-joy

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, pards. Could that be the contra-Corum. The one who serves Chaos rather than Law and has the Hand on the opposite arm ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X