Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Brighton '87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton '87

It's just occured to me, Mr. M, that at the WorldCon in Brighton in '87 I saw Hawkwind perform. I also had some books signed by you. My point is did you perform with Hawkwind that night?
    I think they performed their 'Warrior On The Edge Of Time' set, so I'm thinking you may have. Have I had the pleasure?
    I have to say it was an amazing show. I was absolutely mesmerised throughout.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

No, I'd retired by then (actually in 86 with the Elric tour), but I saw everyone, though not the show. We were staying in a quiet little hotel in Rottingdean as I recall and were coming and going from the convention.
    That is, we weren't there the whole time. The last performance with Hawkwind was by phone at the Astoria in 2000. There's a band in California, incidentally, who do the entire Warrior on the Edge of Time set, covering the record. They did a set in Glendale last week. My informant says they were pretty good!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I was very impressed with the show (in '87). I have to admit that I'd read very little of your work at the time. The friend that I went with was a massive fan of yours and finally talked me into reading it little more (and a little more, and a little more...) I maybe would have got a little more from it if I had known the background better but it was hypnotic even so.
      I think I remember my friend asserting that you were on stage at some point, I've lost contact since so can't check back with him. I think we'll both be disappointed. I have some photos I took at the 'Con, I'll have to hunt them out and post them. Not so much grey in your beard then, Mr. M!
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
      X