Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it exist?

Hello one and all, I was wondering if there was a role-play system that was in print that had Elric and his world as the system.

I know all about the ones that are out of print. I am looking for a game that is in print.

Thank you

Does it exist?

The last Elric RPG in print was Mongoose's Elric of Melniboné (2nd Edition); I don't think there's been a more recent version than that.

I also don't know whether Mongoose still have the licence - they suggest you can use their Legends core rules to play with old EoM rulebooks - or whether they've given it back. Would be interested to know what the status is.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
      The last Elric RPG in print was Mongoose's Elric of Melniboné (2nd Edition); I don't think there's been a more recent version than that.

I also don't know whether Mongoose still have the licence - they suggest you can use their Legends core rules to play with old EoM rulebooks - or whether they've given it back. Would be interested to know what the status is.
      I don't know either. There's a French Mournblade game, I think. Check it out.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Sounds like a fun game, I'll have to see if I can track it down.

mournblade.jpg
        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
          Originally posted by David Mosley View Post

I don't know either. There's a French Mournblade game, I think. Check it out.
          Hi All,

I was curious about this myself (back in Feb) and contacted Mr Moorcock's agent, Howard Morhaim. He informed me that Mongoose's licence has lapsed. At the time I was keen on trying to make available all the old Chaosium and Mongoose game material on my fan site, but as Howard rightly pointed out, this would have affected the worth of the IP. The truth is I would have asked about licencing the rights myself, but as a 'one man' band, I'm sure I couldn't a) afford it and b) do the licence justice.

I do hope someone picks up the licence at some point, as the worlds of Elric and co are still my favourites to game in.

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
          X