Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dreamwalking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkLord
    replied
    That happened to me a few times

Leave a comment:

• Dead-Air
    replied
    It only takes a few drops after all! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Or Me Six... I've been having a spot of trouble sending these posts lately and clearly every time it seems I don't get through I actually am getting through. I apologise for various multiple postings here and there today.

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Mike, I guess you mean "Me three!"

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Me, too...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Me, too...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Me, too...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    As someone who's given to fairly spectacular visions but rarely remembers dreams, I keep an open mind on all that stuff. My natural tendency is towards scepticism, since although both my mother and I have been described as psychic, I believe that a psychic talent has more to do with unconscious observation of the physical world than anything else. That said, there's stuff you can't explain in that way. I have to keep my feet on the ground because if I didn't I suspect I'd be way up in the clouds, one way or another. I've often thought that a description of a real romantic is of someone who is desperately trying NOT to let their imagination run away with them. As a result, I'm inclined to stay pretty solidly in the world of 'common sense' and my problem is not in imagining stuff but in restraining my imagination. Mind you, Elric isn't the sceptic I am -- he does a lot of dream questing, especially these days (cf Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer)!

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    started a topic Dreamwalking

Dreamwalking

Hey Mike,

I had a rather unusual dream that involved you the other day. It started off with a friend of mine (in the dream he was a friend, I can't identify the person in real life) and I doing acid. I'd like to note that I've never done, nor plan to do acid (considering it only takes a few drops to make you completely insane), but that's what we were doing in the dream. And all of a sudden you walk into the room (I know you from your pictures) and we start talking. By this time my friend is gone and it is just you and I in the room. I can't remember what we talked about but it was a good conversation. After a few minutes of talking I decide that it's best to come clean with you and I lean forward as if to tell you a big secret and say "I'm sorry Mike... I'm just a little stoned right now..." and you grin and say "Yeah, it's a little obvious." And I wake up shortly after that.

The whole thing just made me wonder if you believed in Dreamwalking/Astral Projection at all. I'm not suggesting that it was actually you in the dream but it's quite humorous to contemplate.

Your Pard,

Thanos
Working...
X