Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Vengeance of Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: The Vengeance of Rome

Rome has been sent to the printers I've been told, so you know what that means. First I construct a very predictable "when in Rome" gag. Check. Next, I enthusiastically suggest you go to PMPress' Michael Moorcock page to patiently await the listing of the new book. Check. Then I remind you that the outtakes you see in this thread came from Linda Moorcock, like so:

The concept of Mike-as-Pyat on the four covers was conceived by Michael and Linda in their discussions with designer John Yates and project editor Allan Kausch.

The outtakes (which are ©2012 by Linda Steele) that illustrate these sweepstakes (this being the first of three photographs) are from the
    The Vengeance of Rome cover shoot, taken June 29, 2012 outside their home in Texas. We thought Misc. readers would like to see some of the shots that were considered, but not used. These are actual uncropped, unretouched photos from that day. Check.

Once that's been sorted, I make some mention of a giveaway, where, you write a multiversally inspired haiku. Of course I remember to remind you that haiku in English consists of 3 lines, 5, 7 and 5 syllables respectively. Check.

Then I remind you that PMPress have been very generous during the release of this four volume set, and that if you are selected as having the best haiku, you will be awarded The Vengeance of Rome! Check.

When does the contest end? In a couple of weeks roughly. We'll see how it's going. We like to keep things, fuzzy around here.

I'll post one of the outtakes in this thread in about a week from now. Have fun!

What's that? Want to see a larger version of the image above? Click here.
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Love it! I'm already counting my syllables...
    “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Message from the fox
      Explains in patchwork detail
      The rules of the game
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The phoenix renewed
        Cindered Rome in glory lit
        Autumn is as Spring
        Chaos engineers need not apply

Comment

Ernst R. has a guest
          Gloria Cornish in show
          Dimka does Munich

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Cocaine and Vodka,
            Lasers and conspiracies,
            Nothing stems his rage,

Comment

Memories of old
              Chalcedon and Rusalim
              Blinds Byzantium

Comment

Message in my box
                I will do as Romans do
                My thanks to the Fuchs
                The world is full of kings and queens,
                who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

Comment

The Fox makes the rules
                  Mike the cool cat in the hat
                  Brings home the bacon

Comment

The Vengeance of Rome

Copies of Vengeance just arrived at PM Press’ West Oakland warehouse. Enter your haiku here for a chance to win a free copy, or buy one direct:
                    https://secure.pmpress.org/index.php...t_detail&p=549
                    Since this is the last book in the Quartet, please bear with me a moment while I congratulate and thank the small group who worked on the books: Ramsey Kanaan, publisher, who knew the books deserved to be back in print and made it happen, cover designer John Yates for going the extra mile to make Mike and Linda’s vision for the covers a reality, Brian Layng for the great interior design and Gregory Nipper for some amazing copy editing (working from scans, (!) we also caught errors that had been in all previous editions). A great big thank you to Linda for conceptualizing, art directing and shooting the terrific cover photographs. And thanks very much to Mike for patiently working on every part of the process, sometimes under very trying conditions. The result is definitive editions of these classics of modern literature. Whew!

Comment

Haiku entry

Pyat inventor engineer
                      auteur or dilettante
                      Who knows?

Comment

Wandervogel

Diffuse conciousness;
                        Falling, spalling, appalled.
                        Who am I this time?

Comment

FOOLS

Age of Chaos
                          Steel Tsar Rules
                          One Man Commands
                          Your Ship of Fools

Comment

Black blade rising,
                            Tears mixed in a blood tide,
                            Love's betrayal abides.

Hi, guys. Long time, no write - but my offering to the contest.

Comment

Who knew a black sword
                              Could be so much curs'd trouble?
                              I'm going sailing...
                              The Gangster of L'Oeuf

Elric had a little sword,
                              Its blade was black as coal,
                              And everyone that Elric killed,
                              His sword would get a soul.

Comment

Working...
                              X