Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Son of Garbled Lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepFixer
    Eternal Champion
    • Dec 2003

Son of Garbled Lyrics

Hey Pard-Boss:

I know you were just waiting to get home so's I could pester you with this (AGAIN!!), but I'm still at a loss for the second verse to 'Good Girl, Bad Girl.'

The part that starts "Do your best, God knows you do . . ." It's been on Heavy Rotation in my machine, and I'm baffled.

Happily, though, you were right in saying the Pantaloon verse was ". . . never court with nothing but cash and jewels . . .", so that's one less mystery.

Sorry to be a bother, but you're GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Especially by my cat, Missy. I playe her NWF and she smiles and purrrrrs.

I'm looking foward to getting Roller Coaster Holiday, too!

Thanx too much
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

I'll listen to those tracks and try to remember what I wrote!
    Your cat has better taste than my Bill, who begins to complain loudly when I play an instrument or sing. And when I was yodelling this morning (for my parody of a C&W song) he almost went for my throat...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• DeepFixer
      Eternal Champion
      • Dec 2003

Whenever I try to play, Missy climbs on my guitar, either to help me play, or to see why my hands aren't being used for a better purpose, like scratching a certain cat.

Comment

• Jerico
        Champion of the Balance
        • Jan 2004

When I play guitar, Shadow always leaves the house. I don't know why. I'm good at the guitar!

He's not a music lover I s'pose.

http://www.members.aol.com/Jerricho1...InBackyard.jpg
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

• DeepFixer
          Eternal Champion
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jerico
          When I play guitar, Shadow always leaves the house. I don't know why. I'm good at the guitar!

He's not a music lover I s'pose.

http://www.members.aol.com/Jerricho1...InBackyard.jpg
          Maybe it's because he feels left out?

Buy him a bass, or maybe a drum kit.

Swish his tail back and forth in time, better than any metronome!

Comment

• Jerico
            Champion of the Balance
            • Jan 2004

I'll build a drum kit out of tupperware and tape a stick to his tail. :idea: :!:
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
            X