Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkwind in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Hawkwind in Texas

Mike: Not sure if you have heard of the hot rhythm combo "Hawkwind", who appear to be playing some "gigs" (as the kids call them) in the state of Texas. [Removes tongue from cheek]

Quite a few gigs. 3 in fact.

Any truth to the rumor I am making up that you will be present at one of these?

All US / Canada tour dates:

October 07 - Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
    October 08 - Montreal, QC Corona KinoPlex
    October 10 - Boston, MA @ Wilbur Theater
    October 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
    October 12 - Washington DC @ Rock n Roll Hotel
    October 13 - New York City, NY @ Gramercy Theater
    October 15 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom
    October 16 - Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle
    October 18 - San Fransisco, CA @ Regency Theater
    October 19 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
    October 20 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Arts Center
    October 22 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theater
    October 24 - Austin, TX @ Mohawk
    October 25 - Dallas, TX @ Granada Theater
    October 26 - Houston, TX Fitzgerald's Houston

Cheers! Des
    Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Just called the theatre concerning the Montreal date, but it's not confirmed as of this write. The rather polite lass on the other end suggested I check in a couple of weeks, and October gig tickets go on sale, usually, in July.

Hell, I may be eating hot gravel for a month afterwards, but this would be one helluva birthday present for myselfish. Thanks for the info, Unca Des!
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yeh just saw this, sooooooo cool

Will be front row for the Dallas show!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, since they are doing the whole of "Warrior", so it seemed apposite.
        Cheers!

Des

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

I might go to the Toronto gig if the tickets are reasonably priced.

Comment

I will be at the Toronto gig. $29.00 including handling fees and junk.

Official Dates and Tickets

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/tour...Edge_Of_Time_2

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Dyler just mentioned that he's bought his tickets for the TO show, as well. You guys should get some Miscellanist buttons on or something like.

I was going to attend the Montreal gig, but after adding up the cost and time, I'm going to have to step away from that thought. My sorry state was made better by scoring tickets for yet another Steve Earle gig in Fredericton, NB. The very theatre I used to tech for. Should be interesting, and I'll get to hang with some old mates for a night or two.

Enjoy for me to, Des!
              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hey, yep, just picked up an advance ticket at Rotate This. I have gotten pics of two or three different events at the Mod Club before, and have those organized in sets if you want to get an idea of the lay of the place. I also should have a few of those in the Art & Photography forum. Would love it if I could score a press pass for this one like I have done for some previous events there, but there's no site I write for that covers this band and that would help me out with that. And really I'm fine with still paying admission as long as I would get to go up the stairs and try different angles and shots with my camera. The stage lighting in the venue is some of the best I ever get to work with, and I wind up being able to use my telephoto lens and zoom in and out instead of the 50mm f1.8 fixed. I think I may have to be content with the opportunity to watch my favourite band, and not necessarily get pictures of them.
                Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                  Dyler just mentioned that he's bought his tickets for the TO show, as well. You guys should get some Miscellanist buttons on or something like.

I was going to attend the Montreal gig, but after adding up the cost and time, I'm going to have to step away from that thought. My sorry state was made better by scoring tickets for yet another Steve Earle gig in Fredericton, NB. The very theatre I used to tech for. Should be interesting, and I'll get to hang with some old mates for a night or two.

Enjoy for me to, Des!
                  Will do!! PM me if you want to link up on FB.

For reasons too boring to detail, I'll be wearing a Tshirt with my moniker on the back, as I seem to be known to both the MM and Hawkwind tribes .

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                    Glad they're keeping busy. Not likely I'll be there, though!
                    Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Seanicus View Post
                      Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                      Glad they're keeping busy. Not likely I'll be there, though!
                      Bummer!
                      Yup!!

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Working...
                      X