Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

hello michael -a name from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aral- Not familiar with Fantasy Masterworks-is that a UK or US publisher? Will have to look for that-has it just come out?

Comment

It's a UK paperback series John, reprinting a number of Mike's works as well as those of other authors. Here's a link to the UK Amazon Elric listing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...499173-0403837
      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Hey there John,

Its nice to see a new face around here. I think I have seen incarnations of your maps and should you manage to scan and upload them I would really love to take a look at them. Being visually oriented, I have always enjoyed looking at the layout of Melnibone, Pan Tang and the Young Kingdoms, particularly with my background as a gamer. I am quite dismayed about Chaosium's treatment of the people who basically have them a reason to exist, which is a shame since they really have no reason to be so ignorant. All in all, I just want to extend a thanks to you, who along with MM, have filled my imagination with many beautiful creations over the years.
        Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

People interested in such things might get a kick out of the new 'old' map which Walter and I have done for the Young Kingdoms when they were still the Even Younger Tribes Out in Elric Number Three, which is shaping up nicely and has been worth waiting for from Walter!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Hah! I have found the new comics you have done with Walt, and now have the means to purchase them. I look forward to seeing the new "old" map. Thanks for the heads up!
            Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Hello Mike, Kommando et al-Sorry for getting back to you all so late but I was travelling. Drove cross country with my son. (Mike ,I yelled "hello" while driving thru Texas-did you hear me?) Am working as quickly as time will allow to get some images together for a post-hopefully on Monday I'll be able to upload some. Since I was in a car for a bit (Geez-it's a big country) I've spent a lot of time looking at-guess what-maps. I can't seem to escape them. So I think there will be some revises to existing maps (I was never really happy with the Hawkmoon map) in the future and perhaps some new ones. Plus I'll include some "odds and sods" as it were - I've been digging thru some boxes in the attic.Always amusing to confront your earlier self. Strange ,while looking at some old New Worlds-I was thinking of Eduardo Paolozzi and then read of his death. How sad.

Comment

Working...
              X