Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Blood and Souls. The album about The Eternal Champion. Out now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FelixOlschewski
    Wanderer of the Mittel March
    • Mar 2012

Hi –

it is done. Finally. My album is out. It contains 10 songs, 5 of which are directly inspired by The Eternal Champion books. The other songs could not exist without these songs and are closely related.

Even better, the cover artwork features our most beloved Elric. And the artwork continues on the inside of the Digipack, featuring a terrific chaos wheel. All the artwork was created by the one and only Andrea Christen.

You can learn more about this album here: Blood and Souls - out now!

You can listen to all the songs before you buy.

And here is a short story about how this album came to be: The story of Blood and Souls

I can not thank you guys enough for your support during the last 12 months. Your feedback really helped me and encouraged me to continue with this project. Making this album felt like giving birth to twins nonetheless.

Thank you to Michael Moorcock as well without whom this album could and would not exist in the form it is today. The first song, "The Eye and the Hand" is (of course you all know that) inspired by the Corum saga and was the initial spark for this whole endeavour. Michael, if you send me your address, I will send you your own copy, of course!

Thank you all again.

Cheers,
    Felix
  • toothillman
    Citizen of Tanelorn
    • Jul 2010

beautiful art work can we pay via paypal ? and noticed the website dosent include the cost(including postage)for the cd.
    the cost for one to england would be great(hint hint)
    thank you in advance and well done for acheiving a dream
    come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• Sarkun Grasjakal
      Sailor on the Seas of Fate
      • Mar 2013

My complements to Ms. Christensen for the excellent artwork! Congratulations on sticking with your project to the end; I can only imagine how it felt to get the last track recorded. What was the most challenging part of completing the CD?

Comment

• FelixOlschewski
        • Mar 2012

Thank you! The price for the CD is 12EUR incl. worldwide shipping. I had that only in the PayPal checkout, now it is a separate note.

What was the most challenging part? Every single song, really. The more songs I had, the harder it got. Writing lyrics was hard, but finding the music to go with them was just as hard. My muse must have been an evil demon, playing with me and not really being helpful most of the time.

Comment

• FelixOlschewski
          • Mar 2012

Is there any way to contact Michael or send him a good old-fashioned letter? I would really like to send him a copy –it is rightfully his– because his work got this whole thing started. Even though it sent me down a path through pain and desperation (i.e. writing), sending him a copy is the least I can do.

Comment

• David Mosley
            Eternal Administrator
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FelixOlschewski View Post
            Is there any way to contact Michael or send him a good old-fashioned letter?
            Mike's agent, Howard Morhaim, in New York is probably your best avenue - short of Mike replying in this thread with an alternative address.*

Howard Morhaim
            Howard Morhaim Literary Agency
            30 Pierrepoint Street,
            Brooklyn,
            NY 11201
            USA
            Email: [email protected]

*Mike will be heading to Paris in May so his French agent might be more appropriate closer to that date.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• FelixOlschewski
              • Mar 2012

Thank you, David. I contacted Mr. Morhaim and will wait for his reply in this matter.

By the way: You can see the full cover artwork here. As always, there was no way to fit all of it on the cover due to its square nature.

Again, Andrea Christen deserves the credit.

Comment

• FelixOlschewski
                • Mar 2012

Since so many of you expressed their interest in the Andrea's artworks we decided to post a video of her painting the actual CD inlay with the image of the wheel of chaos. She chose to pick different stages of the dark blade as spokes for the wheel which I thnik looks amazing. Enjoy!

Even though very few people seem to appreciate real, physical albums like CDs (not to mention vinyl) these days, we and especially I felt it was right to do it this way. It is also our way to thank those artists who have inspired us, one of them being Michael, of course. I keep sending CDs out into the world and receive great feedback. It was expensive to have these manufactured but I feel it is so much more rewarding than just copying a file.

And thank you all for this wonderful community. I'm not much of a forum person, I prefer to read only and rarely post anywhere. But thinking of Moorcock's books also evokes memories of the fact that they enabled this wonderful and mysteriously considerate, unique community.

Comment

Working...
                X