Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A personal thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A personal thank you

Michael, if you get to read this, I would just like to express my gratitude for a great kindness that you did for me around nine or ten years ago (that long already?!). As I hope you will recall, I was writing an essay about the British roots of punk rock for a university assignment and you were good enough to share your thoughts and experiences with me. We discussed various aspects of music, including skiffle, punk, the Sex Pistols and Hawkwind, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. What I have been unable to tell you, until now, is that I passed the module and finished my Degree with First Class Honours. I have wanted to thank you ever since.
    Furthermore, as an aside, it occurs to me just how peculiar life can be and how things have kind of come full circle - or at least some other kind of shape that forms a loop - as I have just completed an album with two ex-members of Hawkwind. Funny old world, isn’t it?

Tell us more about the album - when's it coming out? What's it going to be called?
    forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
    3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Thanks for your interest! The band is called Pre-Med and the album, the band's third (my first), is called Einstein's Day Off. It features Alan Davey on bass and Dan Thompson on drums, both ex-Hawks (including the Chronicle of the Black Sword album) and ex-Bedouin. The music is primarily space rock, but with some darker elements.

It will be available from the 11th Feb, as MP3s from Amazon or CDs from this website: www.premedmusic.com - if you hang around on the front page, you should hear the opening track from it. If you check it out, make sure you turn it up! :)
      Last edited by Phil Fungus; 02-06-2013, 05:57 AM. Reason: Additional information of relevance

Comment

Cor! That's a nice crunch sound - cheers!
        forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
        2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
        3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Thank you! There's plenty more of that on the album, plus some mellowness too (not too much though).

Comment

Working...
          X