Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Description says it was dated 6th October 1984 in Manchester, which I don't see in the photos. Something from a book signing? It angers me to hear though that you were never paid for it. I never like to hear when any artist, whether they are a musician, painter, photographer, actor or author doesn't get paid for something unless it's their choice.
    Last edited by Jack Of Shadows; 08-10-2015, 01:41 PM.
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Crossed, Jack. I was handsomely paid for the book by the publisher. I never charge for inscriptions and I'm not upset he sold it! I was referring to the Italian book.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Yeah this morning I got to thinking about that and thought I bet it was the Italian book you were referring to. Sorry bout that, forgot it was posted above and got a bit confused. I didn't think you charged for inscriptions and certainly glad to hear you were paid handsomely for The Opium General.

Comment

THE RETREAT FROM LIBERTY does not often these come up for sale:
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHAEL-M...QAAOSw-mteERHI
          Only 7 hours or so to go too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
            THE RETREAT FROM LIBERTY does not often these come up for sale:
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHAEL-M...QAAOSw-mteERHI
            Only 7 hours or so to go too.
            Sweet find Rothgo! Did you get it? Great price at only 10 pounds. I noticed Brian Tawn was the seller which is cool in itself. He's the bloke who wrote a really nice book about Mike's music, "Dude's Dreams: The Music Of Michael Moorcock".

Comment

I knew I should have posted here that I was bidding on it!

Luckily I won! 😁
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
                I knew I should have posted here that I was bidding on it!

Luckily I won! 😁
                Congrats Gov! You got yourself a nice book there!

Comment

Nice job Gov! I already have a copy, so was just posting a heads-up for others.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'd given up on picking it up for a reasonable price. i was willing to pay more so I was very pleased to get it for the listed price.
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Picked up 'Dude's Dream' from him as well, a few days later, for a fiver plus postage. If I'd've thought about it, I could've asked him to sign it for me!

Anyway, here's a nice little bundle that would serve as a starter for an HB collector or as anupgrade for PBs.:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203013473648?ul_noapp=true

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
                        Picked up 'Dude's Dream' from him as well, a few days later, for a fiver plus postage. If I'd've thought about it, I could've asked him to sign it for me!

Anyway, here's a nice little bundle that would serve as a starter for an HB collector or as anupgrade for PBs.:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203013473648?ul_noapp=true
                        Those are 3 very nice hardcovers and the opening bid is quite reasonable, too bad the seller won't ship to the US. I'm glad to hear you grabbed "Dude's Dream", which will make a nice addition to your collection!

Comment

Well here's a potential bargain: a Rodney Matthews calendar for just a £5 (at time of posting). Never seen one go for anything as low as that before.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rodney-Ma...gAAOSweNVdcoqW
                          Not for me though: they are kind of big and I have a spare already.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                            Well here's a potential bargain: a Rodney Matthews calendar for just a £5 (at time of posting). Never seen one go for anything as low as that before.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rodney-Ma...gAAOSweNVdcoqW
                            Not for me though: they are kind of big and I have a spare already.
                            That is a bargain and a very cool calendar! Too bad they won't ship to the states.

Comment

Working...
                            X