Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcock on eBay

OK, get you skates on for New Years Moorcock bargains:

For the UK eBay crew: a low buy-it-now price for the big-old Searchlight.
    For our US eBayers, here a great Buy-it-Now price for the slipcased edition of The Vanishing Tower.

Happy new year shopping to whoever gets in first!

A rare item that might be of interest to a USA member(s): Frank Brunner's portfolio prints

Too rich for my blood and, given the international p&p, for any non-USA resident I should think. But who's to say what's worth how much to whom. Can I be any vaguer?

Comment

Moorcock on eBay (2013)

Five of those plates feature in the Stormbringer RPG from Chaosium/Games Workshop; the sixth plate (Empress of the Dawn) doesn't afaik. (I'm sure I would have remembered if it had!)
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Could you be sitting on a 'lost' fortune? Oxfam certainly seem to think they are.

Wonder how they decided it was worth exactly £xxx.29p and not *.30p or *.28p?

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Crazy! I'm thinking they used Amazon Marketplace as a price guide. My guess it these prices have been set by bots and there will be a bot controlled price war that will drive the price down to a more realistic value... eventually... we'll see...

EDIT: proof that you should ALWAYS use bookfinder.com before making a rash purchase...
          forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
          2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
          3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Incidentally, the most expensive Moorcock books on eBay at the moment are:

Science Fantasy #60 = £195
            Behold the Man (1st hardcover, signed) = £125
            Stormbringer omnibus (mass market paperback) = £100.29
            Printer's Devil = £100
            Elric of Melniboné (1st hardcover) = £95
            Stormbringer omnibus (mass market paperback) = £95.97 (x2)
            Behold the Man (1st hardcover, signed) = £80
            A Cure for Cancer (US hardcover, signed) = £80
            The Entropy Tango (hardcover signed) = £80
            Gloriana (hardcover, signed) = £80
            The Condition of Muzak (hardcover) = £75
            The Chinese Agent (US hardcover) = £75
            Gloriana(hardcover) = £65
            A Nomad of the Time Streams omnibus (mass market paperback) = £64.86
            Elric of Melniboné omnibus (hardcover) = £62.79
            Earl Aubec and Other Stories (hardcover) = £62.79
            SEARCHLIGHT Adventure stories for boys = £50

Comment

Fascinating... Depending upon condition (looking at some of the pics they look in near mint condition to me), some of those are fairly high prices imo... I've certainly seen a lot of them for a lot less, although how much more signed 1st editions are worth I'm less sure of... I guess anything is worth the price if you're willing to pay it, but still I'd definitely look around before before spending over £25 for some of those (a slightly tatty 1st edition of Condition of Muzak is going for £15 in a second hand book shop near me).

I see this dubious bargain is still for sale on Abe. he's lowered his price by £300 over the years (it's been listed since the publication of the 4th volume), but still you'd have thought the seller would have got the message by now...
              forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
              2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
              3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

There's a cheapish Spearman first edition of Stealer of Souls on ebay at the moment. Dustjacket looks a bit worn but you don't see too many of these about...

...and what better way to celebrate the 50th (!) anniversary of the book than having your own copy
                'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Dear all,

A small point, but the 'Stealer...' referred to by Marca (above) appears to be the first edition's second binding, in green boards, rather than the true first (in orange).

Regardless, that's not much to ask for either, even with a ropey dust-wrapper.

Best,

John.

Comment

Boo Hiss!

Comment

He'd be wise to keep his idiot arse out of Lost Pines -- or any part of Texas. Hollowing books is illegal in the area of the Old Circle Square. And we don't call anyone but the machinoix, who have strong views on boys who bugger-up books. Anyone who thinks that 'safe' doesn't scream brain-damaged old hophead's stash is, at best, sweetly naive. Doesn't he know my name was once considered synonymous with b-d o h....

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Moorcock on eBay (2013)

The following isn't eBay related but this seems as good a place to mention as any as there is something of a deadline involved. I've discovered a bookshop with a stash of old Ted Carnell-era New Worlds digest magazines. I haven't made a precise note of what issues they have but I'd estimate it's a reasonably (in)complete run from the late '70s to the high 130s. Nor have I checked the prices but if anyone wants to give me a prospective 'shopping list' I can check out any specific issues for them. (Depending on the prices I might require pre-payment via PayPal but we can discuss that once I know what's what.) Please note: Saturday will be the absolute last day I'll be able to visit the shop.

Comment

Just a 'gentleman's heads-up' to say I'm bidding on the following eBay auctions for Tarzan Adventures comics:

Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no30
                          Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no 31 & 32
                          Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 - 33,34 & 35
                          Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no 36,37 & 38

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                            Just a 'gentleman's heads-up' to say I'm bidding on the following eBay auctions for Tarzan Adventures comics:

Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no30
                            Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no 31 & 32
                            Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 - 33,34 & 35
                            Tarzan Adventures Vol 7 no 36,37 & 38
                            How did you get on with these David?
                            'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by Marca View Post
                              How did you get on with these David?
                              I managed to get them all, although the set with a Sojan story (#34) attracted some other attention and so went for a bit more than the starting price. I also managed to grab a couple of other issues (#18 & 21) from the same seller this morning, so all in all I have a nice haul coming my way.

Comment

Working...
                              X