Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Voloidion Gagnasdiak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voloidion Gagnasdiak??

I remember this name from very early on my moorcock experience.. is it from the vanishing tower?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I remember this name from very early on my moorcock experience.. is it from the vanishing tower?
    Indeed it is Paul.
    Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'

Comment

He was also in The Sleeping Sorceress before the book was renamed for the DAW 1977/Grafton 1986 Elric Series.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

If memory serves i think there was a mention in one of the Corum "swords" books as well.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

If Mike ever re-retcons Hawkmoon, then his name is begging to be a beast-lord! P'haps John Collier could make him his own card to give Mike a push...!

Comment

You're all wrong. There's no such character as 'Volodion Gagnasdiak' in any of Mike's novels.

Perhaps you're all thinking of this fellow?

Last edited by David Mosley; 12-30-2012, 08:14 AM. Reason: mis-placed comma
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
              You're all wrong. There's no such character as 'Volodion Gagnasdiak' in any of Mike's novels.

Perhaps you're all thinking of this fellow?

Indeed, but I am confused David ... No-one has mentioned this Volodion guy you talk about. Paul asked about Voloidion

Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'

Comment

Ah! The brothers* Gagnasdiak! Their parents were terribly unimaginative as it turns out...

*Currently three: likely going four the next time anyone attempts to type one of their names!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                  The Brothers Gagnasdiak!
                  There's a novel in that somewhere.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Best (and silliest) thread of the day.
                    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

...and the word is "Voilodion Gnasdiak"... Frank, would you like to give us your definition?

Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

It's easier to spell than George Bush.
                        And everchanging.

Comment

Voilodion Ghagnasdiak is an anagram of, amongst other things, the rather unmusical "A Savaging Dido Honk Oil".

Comment

Tip of the hat to Rothgo for reminding me it's been a bit since I've done a Lord of The Dark Empire,plus I missed sending Mike a birthday greeting and I missed sending a Happy New Year to you all!

So with all that said,here's a little Holiday confection. My take on Shenegar Trott. I always thought he would bear a certain resemblance to a certain someone.

More here...

We'll get to Voilodion Gnasdiak one of these days.
                            Enjoy! Happy Birthday Mike,Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all!
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM. Reason: Embed image in post

Comment

Most excellent, Beez. I'm sure (cough) Shenegar will be most pleased with this.
                              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X