Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which [Science] Fiction/Fantasy book would you teach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with War Hound and the World's Pain, Warlord of the Air, or Behold the Man.

Outside Mike's work there are many great options as well but those were the first three that came to mind upon reading the question.
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury , this great writer's own response to the era of McCarthyism, still retains some bite. In fact some of its predictions about Neo-consumerism, high tech media saturation and the constant pressure from political ideologies left or right to stifle freedom of thought and expression seem to have been pretty accurate. This tome was considered essential reading in my own high school days.
      Last edited by Kymba334; 06-04-2020, 07:58 AM.
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I think Behold The Man would be able to raise numerous questions from any students , I have read it and re read it and still think Mike's imagination is amazing to come up with a piece like that

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Working...
        X