Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Black Corridor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Corridor

Hi Mike, I hope you're well.

Thirty years on, I've just read Black Corridor again. I discovered meanings and layers that my adolescent head overlooked.

First, flattery. It's an excellent book - concise, precise, meaningful and entertaining.

Second, a plea. I suspect you like to leave meanings to readers' imaginations and subjectivity. But please put me out of my misery.

Thanks Mike. I understand if you tell me to bugger off and work it out for myself. ;)

Steve
    Last edited by Rothgo; 10-16-2012, 04:36 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Hi Stevet, not wishing to hijack the thread or anything - although that is what I'm doing, obviously - but you might find some answers in the discussions in this thread from 2004/7.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 10-16-2012, 03:49 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David, I'd used the search function and hadn't found that thread. It looks like there's no definitive answer. Unless, Mike, you take pity on this tortured soul. ;)

Comment

Absolutely loved that read, and was a teen at the time as well. Now you've got me considering a re-read.
        Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by stevet View Post
          FWIW, I think [you're] half-and-a-bit right in both your theories, that is...

Of course, what Mike usually says in cases like this is, "You're completely right, pard!" :D
          Last edited by David Mosley; 10-16-2012, 08:22 AM. Reason: Missing words round
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
            Originally posted by stevet View Post
            FWIW, I think half-and-a-bit right in both your theories, that is...
            I guessed he
            Last edited by stevet; 10-16-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Great book by the way - should be a film.

Comment

I LOVE the Black Corridor! Agree on the movie, but if we can't even get Elric made....

On the other hand, a novel - sci-fi / horror / psychological thriller - movie might work after the CGI drek that was Prometheus.

Des
                Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Working...
                X