Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hilary Bailey (x 16).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilary Bailey (x 16).

Dear all,

Next month, Bloomsbury are due to be republishing 16 books by Hilary Bailey (for those of you not in the know, that's Mike's first wife), including the semi-autobiographical 'Polly Put The Kettle On' and its two sequels, 'Mrs Mulvaney' and 'As Time Goes By'.

They're all fairly expensive @ £19.99 each.

Best,

John.

These are already out in the US Amazon store for eight bucks apiece (Kindle version).

She has some good reviews on Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/list....Hilary_Bailey
    Last edited by opaloka; 10-03-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Anyone here read her? I think Mike gave her a fair amount of credit for The Black Cooridor which I think is a fantastic book.
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Hilary Bailey's Works

I've read a couple of them, mostly the early novels like Polly Put the Kettle On.

She's also written sequels to some of the icons in the sf/fantasy field like Frankenstein's Bride. She did a Jack the Ripper novel The Cry from Street to Street and also one involving Sherlock Holmes' sister Strange Adventures of Charlotte Holmes. She also wrote a sequel to Jane Eyre Mrs Rochester.

She almost had a mega best-seller. I believe the title was All the Days of My Life.

LIke I said, I've only read the early books which I enjoyed.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X