Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Michael Moorcock Brazilian translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock Brazilian translations

Dear. Mr Moorcock,

There was only one book of yours translated to Brazilian Portuguese: Stormbringer, this was way back in the 70s. I recently found out many Portuguese from Portugal releases of your books, these are quite rare but they are mass trade paperback versions.

Anyway, has any Brazilian editor ever contacted your agents about publishing your books here ? In fact, in general, Brazilian books cost more, but I am actually thinking about how much my children and other kids in Brazil will miss if they do not learn to read English.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
    Last edited by zlogdan; 09-24-2012, 04:09 AM.
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

I've never had a serious offer from Brazil as far as I know. Generally Portugese publishers ask for Brazilian rights too. The Portugese magazine BANG for Oct 2011 published a long illustrated interview with me.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Most of book companies in Brazil are run by idiots that either want only profit instead of quality or those who cannot see talent in from of their eyes, they will publish only what they learned to be good from other pedant idiots. Yet, someone smart published Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Tolkien, Pullman, Vandermeer, P.k Dick, etc here so there might exist a chance of hope. I feel sorry for the young people, specially my sons, that will have to learn English to read things like Hawkmoon, Elric or any of your works.

Truth to be told, I firmly believe that your books would sell like beer in Brazil- something people here like- but as I have lost all hope for my country and my people I better think we don't deserve it.
      Last edited by zlogdan; 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM.
      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

On the plus side, Rush in Rio was perhaps the best music DVD I've seen in a few years!

Comment

YEAH, I did not watch Rush back in 2002, I was at work, in Houston TX, but got to see them back in 2010!

Comment

Working...
          X