Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Probably not the place for this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably not the place for this...

An open letter with no real justification for existence follows...
    Mr Moorcock, I've finally pulled my finger out and pulled my first George Meredith book off the shelf (The Egoist). Having spent the last week or so browsing through your essay on fantasy (Wizardry and Wild Romance) I am starting on that recommendation.
    I just discovered this site today and am gobsmacked. So great to read all the comments, praise and occasionally whining from your fans.
    Have you ever read Charles Finney's 'Circus of Dr Lao'?
    You might have written it had you been an American soldier serving in China around the turn of the previous century.
    While I'm here I just want to say that Warhound and the World's pain is one of my favourite novels of all time. It kills me that events that you manage to describe within the course of a few paragraphs (particularly those covering journeys through the other planes of existence) could be expanded into full novels themselves.
    There I've said it...
    Hope this finds you well. (My edition of your 'My Experiences in the Third World War' suggests that you died a while back. Perhaps you were replaced, Paul McCartney-like in the 80's.)
    Stay out of trouble, sir.

I can appreciate how you feel, Ghostdancer, about coming across this site. It was great to find a community of people sharing the same obsession!
    I was amazed by the description of Lucifer in 'The War Hound & The World's Pain'. I'd never thought of him that way before, but then why shouldn't he should appear as he does, after all, he is an angel (fallen or otherwise.)
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
    X