Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Audio books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Audio books

I've read all the elric books and loved the two Elric audio books but will there be any more and if so when.

Cheers

Audiobooks

Originally posted by Buer666 View Post
    I've read all the elric books and loved the two Elric audio books but will there be any more and if so when.

Cheers
    Currently Weird of the White Wolf and Vanishing Tower are complete and ready for release, Bane of the Black Sword will be complete before the end this month and Stormbringer by the end of September.

We are still working on covers and a detail or two with Mr Moorcock (surprise!) and pending any interference from the Lords of Chaos, all will be released this fall.

I can post audio clips, if anyone is interested ....

Cheers,
    Fred
    Mercenary Sound Designer
    www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Splendid news Fred!

Will it be (a.k.a. has) Chet being doing the narration again?

I meant to ask you some time ago if, for those of us with the initial Sailor or the Seas of Fate CD set with the duplicate CD problem, if there could be an arrangement to get the missing CD (or perhaps just a download of it despite my missgivings on the lifespan of eMedia)?

Comment

We have a new narrator for the last four productions. His name is John Lee and one of the best in the audiobook business. I personally like him better than our original reader.
        John does all of the Ken Follett books and similar so has a proper pedigree for this. Mike is one of his favorite writers so the project has become a labour of love for all parties.

As far as a CD issue. I will send you my email address in a private message. Just let me know what the problem is and I will get you looked after.

Cheers,
        Fred
        Mercenary Sound Designer
        www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Cheers for getting the wheels moving so fast on an ancient problem Fred!
          And here's looking forward to John Lee's take.

Comment

Brilliant news. I travel alot on the bus back and from my work and presently listening to "Sailor on the seas of fate" for the umpteenth time but never get bored of it or the Elric audio book so I'm looking forward to the next one. Is there any plans for any of the other ones to go on Audio book ...Hawkmoon etc ?

Comment

Hi, Mike hope you are keeping well, we are still up in Rochester, at least for now.

Well my eyesite is getting poor and also I drive a lot, so I now use a program called natural voice reader with a real human voice to create my own audio books from text or pdf source. The results are reasonable especially when I focus only on the meaning of the words, and it really does open up the world of books again for me. If anyone would like to try a short sample to judge for yourself just let me know.
              Last edited by Tales from Tanelorn; 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Four New Audio Books

Hello all,
                The last four of the original Elric Saga are now finished as audio books.
                I will post samples and release dates here shortly.
                It will be early December .... ish.

In the meantime, I am trying to get the covers sorted. If anyone knows the whereabouts of Dalmazio Frau please pass it on to me or there were some people that bought a couple of his pieces from here. I would be interested in being bale to use one of the covers to make a proper set and would pay to license it's use.

Hope you all are well.

Fred
                Mercenary Sound Designer
                www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Originally posted by FredGodsmark View Post
                  Hello all,
                  The last four of the original Elric Saga are now finished as audio books.
                  I will post samples and release dates here shortly.
                  It will be early December .... ish.

In the meantime, I am trying to get the covers sorted. If anyone knows the whereabouts of Dalmazio Frau please pass it on to me or there were some people that bought a couple of his pieces from here. I would be interested in being bale to use one of the covers to make a proper set and would pay to license it's use.

Hope you all are well.

Fred
                  That is wonderful news, Fred!

I've been looking forward to the Elric Saga audio books for a long time.

It's going to be such a great pleasure to hear!

Thanks!

----------------------

I love Dalmazio's artwork. I don't know his contact info, have not seen him post on the forum for awhile.

---------------------

I love those CD books!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Audiobook releases

Thanks for the kind words. If you are familiar with the Elric Saga in regards to the audiobooks you will realize the big step this is.
                    I am still aiming for early December and will post something soon.

The management here has been helpful and found me contact info for Dalmazio Frau. I am happy to hear that he is still around.

More news soon!

Fred
                    Mercenary Sound Designer
                    www.audiorealms.com

Comment

audio books

Hey guys any up date on the forth coming audio books. Waiting with keen Anticipation !

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Missed this thread earlier - fantastic news that the audiobooks are completed. I loved the first two and have many happy memories of listening to them while cooking large meals for the family on a winter's evening :). Any word on a release date?
                          The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Audiobooks?

Any further news on when the rest of the audiobooks will be out? I'm just starting the Sailor on the Seas of Fate, but I'm now also noticing that I cannot find any of the audiobooks for sale anywhere other than a 5-CD set on Audio Realms (which appears to be just the first book, which I already have).

I would very much like to get the rest of the series! It sounds like the expected
                            release date was Fall of last year...any word on the current status?

Comment

Working...
                            X