Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

MM Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM Multiverse

Do all of MM's works take place in the same universe/multiverse? I came across a MM book called The Shores of Death. I've never even heard of this before. Where does it fit in with the rest of his works and universe.

~Clangador
    \"The word liberal, like liberty, derives
    from the Latin liber (\"free\").\"

This is also known as The Twilight Man, and was written, or published, in 1966.

I would say yes it is part of the same Multiverse as the rest of the stuff, although the Multiverse has developed greatly since this was written.

I always think of these books (any of the older ones from this 'era') as representing the quieter parts of the Multiverse- the Lords of the Higher Worlds might not have any noticable interests here, but the Lords of Law and the Dukes of Hell aren't the be all and end all, and these books, if included in the extended Eternal Champion saga, represent the rest of the Multiverse just getting on with its business regardless of these beings' struggles.

I'm not sure, but perhaps to link it with the rest of the saga as a stand-alone novel this may be one of those rewritten recently and some of the characters changed into Von Beks (they get about a bit, don't they?), but I couldn't swear to that.

Comment

Gotta say The Twilight Man/The Shores of Death is one of my favorites :!:

I think back on this one quite a bit. Ahead of it's time! Would be a good TV short or comic as well.

:idea: Pick up and read this one if you have'nt already...
      \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        \"The word liberal, like liberty, derives
        from the Latin liber (\"free\").\"

Comment

Working...
        X