Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Graphic novels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic novels.

Just looking for a little information, maybe y'all can help...

I'm rounding off my collection of MM books. Novel wise, I'm pretty much set, apart from a couple of very early books which I thought I had in some form but apparantly don't... Darn those alternate titles and collections!!!

At the moment I'm concentrating on graphic adaptations, and it seems there are more of them than I thought. I'm looking at the P. Craig Russell ones... I have Elric of Melnibone, Elric: The The Dreaming City, The Wierd of the White Wolf, and Stormbringer. I have Sailor on the Seas of Fate on order. Does that just leave The Vanishing Tower and the Bane of the Black Sword? Are there any by other artists... I recall seeing a Cawthorn version of Stormbringer, yes? That's probably really, really rare and prohibitively expensive, right?

Moving onto Hawkmoon... Was "The Sword and the Runestaff" (Cawthorn) ever published or is there just the first two in this series? I believe First Comics were working on this series also, did anything ever come of that?

What about Corum? I've seen pics of the covers of some of the Swords trilogy in the front of Stormbringer, what's the deal with those? They still available in places?

I could search the net, but I figured most results would lead me here, so I decided to post here first where people are sure to know.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Graphic novels.

Originally posted by TheEighthSon
    Just looking for a little information, maybe y'all can help...
    Start here:
    [broken link]
    It's a comics section of our Image Gallery. I've provided a detailed description for each cover, so you'll probably find most of the information you're looking for.

At the moment I'm concentrating on graphic adaptations
    Welcome aboard!

Was "The Sword and the Runestaff" (Cawthorn) ever published or is there just the first two in this series?
    On April 11, 2003 Michael Moorcock wrote:
    "Jim was ill for some time but I know he does plan to finish the sequence and is thinking about it now"
    On September 09, 2004 MM added:
    "He seems to be well, but I haven't heard anything more about this from him, I fear"
    ... and that's what we know.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Re: Graphic novels.

Was "The Sword and the Runestaff" (Cawthorn) ever published or is there just the first two in this series?
      According to The FictionMags Index, pictures from Cawthorn's "The Sword and the Runestaff" appeared in "The Time Centre Times" Vol.4 #4 (May 2000).
      http://users.ev1.net/~homeville/fict...851.htm#A21298
      Can anyone confirm this information?
      John, you were the editor...

Comment

It's a comics section of our Image Gallery.
        D'oh!!!

Haven't quite got that far in the image gallery yet.

Ta

Comment

Working...
        X