Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Japanese Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conrad
    Denizen of Moo Uria
    • Mar 2012

Japanese Editions

Hello,

Two and a half questions for you today, sir.

Do you have the Japanese editions of the Elric saga? If not would you like me to send you copies? This is assuming the Japanese publisher didn't/ won't send you them.

If I sent my Japanese edition books to you, would you be willing to sign them and return them to me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Have a great week.

Sincerely,
    Conrad
  • Whiskers
    flying cat
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Conrad View Post
    If I sent my Japanese edition books to you, would you be willing to sign them and return them to me?
    Hi Conrad, might I point you to the FAQ How can I request an autograph from Michael Moorcock? for an answer to this particular question? (Mike may provide a different answer to your specific inquiry but you should know what the standard position on such requests is.) Thanks.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

• Conrad
      Denizen of Moo Uria
      • Mar 2012

Thanks for the information on how to get my books autographed.

I didn't know they were called book plates.

Learn something everyday on this site.
      Glad I came and signed up.

Once I know Mr. Moorcock is able to provide book plates of the Japanese editions I'll post my contact information here.

Should I change the title of this thread, start a new one or leave it as it is?

Sincerely,
      Conrad
      Last edited by Conrad; 03-21-2012, 04:07 AM. Reason: forgot to add something. Sorry.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
        Site Host
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for the offer, Conrad. I'm pretty sure I have most Japanese editions. Generally they send them to me direct. Usually, if a sub-agent is involved, they somehow get lost. That said, if I had my author's copies of every foreign edition I probably wouldn't have enough space in the Shed of Shame, which was designed to take my own (mostly) copies, to take them!
        I only do bookplates by mail. In the case of Japanese editions I'd have to look at the size to see if they're large enough to take my standard plate. I have other labels I could use if not. So let me know how many you need and your details and I'll try to get some off to you.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Conrad
          Denizen of Moo Uria
          • Mar 2012

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. It is greatly appreciated.

While I am not sure I understand exactly what a bookplate actually is, one is perfect.

Do you have different bookplates for each title?
          If so one per title would be fabulous if it isn't too much of an imposition on your generosity.

I completely understand running out of book space. We've designated one room the library with floor to ceiling bookshelves on three walls and are still rapidly running out of space after only two years. Granted the room is only 6 tatami in size so space was already at a premium.

Thank you again for your kind generosity.

Have a great week.

Sincerely,
          Conrad

By the way for anyone interested the Japanese titles in Japanese are:
          メルニボネの皇子―永遠の戦士エルリック
          この世の彼方の海―永遠の戦士エルリック
          暁の女王マイシェラ―永遠の戦士エルリック
          ストームブリンガー―永遠の戦士エルリック
          夢盗人の娘―永遠の戦士エルリック
          スクレイリングの樹―永遠の戦士エルリック
          白き狼の息子―永遠の戦士エルリック
          Last edited by Conrad; 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM. Reason: Added address in Japanese

Comment

• David Mosley
            Eternal Administrator
            • Jul 2004

A 'book plate' is a label that you can stick/paste into a book, typically to identify the book's owner. See Wikipedia.

Our collection of covers of Mike's Japanese books is here, btw.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Conrad
              Denizen of Moo Uria
              • Mar 2012

Hello David,

Thanks for the information on book plates. Never thought to try Wiki.

I checked out the gallery and those are the ones.
              However, I believe a new cover came out recently. I will check, and if so, will try to get images.

Thanks for reading this.
              Have a great week.

Sincerely,
              Conrad

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                Site Host
                • Dec 2003

I have a few commemorative plates and some general purpose ones. I'll send you a small selection! Not enough for all your books, I fear!

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Conrad
                  Denizen of Moo Uria
                  • Mar 2012

Thank you very much for your kindness. It is greatly appreciated.
                  Anything you send will be highly valued.

I am eagerly looking forward to receiving them.

Have a wonderful week.

Sincerely,
                  Conrad

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                    Site Host
                    • Dec 2003

Sorry to say I haven't sent them yet. It's been pretty hectic around here and I can't lay hands on the labels which are missing from where I usually keep them!

Comment

• Conrad
                      Denizen of Moo Uria
                      • Mar 2012

Dear Mr. Moorcock,

No worries at all. Whenever you get a moment to relax and manage to find the labels will be fine.
                      I appreciate you making the effort on my behalf and thanks for letting me know what is happening.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,
                      Conrad

Comment

• Conrad
                        Denizen of Moo Uria
                        • Mar 2012

Dear Mr. Moorcock,

This is just to enquire if you have found the time to locate the bookplates you were looking for or not.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
                        Conrad

Comment

• Conrad
                          Denizen of Moo Uria
                          • Mar 2012

Hello Mr. Moorcock,

Just checking to see if you've had any luck in locating your missing bookplates yet.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
                          Conrad

Comment

Working...
                          X