Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Artwork

This is my first traditional oil painting. The title is "Summoning Arioch" featuring the scene when Elric summons Arioch to his plane (Chapter: To call the Chaos Lord). He's tangled on the floor, completely exhausted from the summoning process. Arioch feeds him with the first strength and lifts his arm.

In my first painting of Elric I wanted to show his weakness, in the next artwork he will be much stronger. I'm very much looking forward to it.

My whole life as an artist will be devoted to the Elric series and the breathtaking scenes I've seen there when I read the books. This artwork is just a start on a long journey following Elric in his adventures.

My last post was about a year ago with my artwork "Servant of Arioch", I'm very happy to show you my first take on Elric.

Last edited by AndreaChristen; 02-08-2012, 04:29 AM.

This is truly beautiful.

Comment

That is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!

das

Comment

Génial

Very, very, very, very, very, good !
        Papi

Comment

Yet another excellent job Andrea.

Comment

I love it but wierdly or perhaps by design it reminds me of some of the old pictures of Christ being taken from the cross or perhaps a painting of St. Sebastian

Comment

Great artwork, love the colours
              Please Check out my Musical Dedication to work of Michael Moorcock

THE END OF ALL SONGS
              We are looking to collaborate with anybody else interested in making Moorcock themed music - contact me here or on soundcloud.

Comment

Very nice! I agree with the "Christ being taken from the cross" feel... he definitely looks exhausted.
                “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback :)! It's very interesting, that it has a touch of "Christ being taken from the cross" for you. When I paint I have a look on paintings of the old Masters for reference on skintones and composition. It's amazing to explore their use of colours and examine their compositions of amazing, complex scenes. For me they are the pioneers of todays fantasy art.

Comment

Whoa!
                    Just saw this thread Andrea.
                    What a truly amazing painting and very similar to how my own head saw this scene.
                    All power to yer elbow!!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I was just looking at this again, and I noticed the large shadow over Elric's torso... indicating a large "tentacle" overhead, unseen in the picture.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

its a great picture of a great scene thank you
                        come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

Wonderful picture, Andrea, and such a welcome change from the macho sword swinging stuff you mostly see (not that there aren't some good examples in that mode!). Many thanks for sending it!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback, Michael. I'm happy that you like the scene. Thank you so much for this inspiring story. My books are full of notes, marking great scenes for artworks. You'll be the first to see my next illustration of Elric.

Comment

Working...
                            X