Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Corporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Lagging behind a tad here... well, three years, in fact!

Finally picked up a copy of this film, and have watched about an hour of it so far, but as mentioned above there is quite a lot to absorb, so I've taken a break. As someone who has a photo of Naomi Klein on his bedroom wall (fact!) I guess I'm already part of "the choir" that's being preached to by such documentaries, but still it's shocking stuff. If anyone ever asks what the scariest movie I ever saw was, then this will be top of the list!

A series of TV docs are being shown on BBC2 at the moment called The Trap and that's dealing with a similar notion, except that it's looking at how stinky, stinky "Game Theory" may have influenced governments to allow the situations depicted in The Corporation to occur. The word "psychopathy" seems to crop up quite frequently in these programmes, though never applied to specific people... only to institutions. Even so, it's a teeny-bit worrying.

So this week, I'm feeling full-tilt knee-jerk paranoia! No wonder I've started meditating again...

Leave a comment:

• Draco Caeruleus
    replied
    I've also seen it. I thought it was pretty good, but it got weaker towards the end, became a little less critical.

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Yeah. I saw it. It was long and very informative.
    Almost too much info to process!! It requires more than
    one viewing I'd say.

It's amusing in that it points out the DSM IV criteria
    for diagnosing a sociopath and shows how the behavior of some corporations
    fits them.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic The Corporation

The Corporation

Has anyone else seen this documentary movie? It features interviews with Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore among others.
    I thought it was excellent...
Working...
X