Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Deep Fix CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deep Fix CD?

I bought the latest copy of 'Classic Rock' magazine today, always a damn fine read, as well as a great source of new music being released and was pretty astounded to find an advert for a new Micahael Moorcock and the Deep Fix CD 'Roller Coaster Holiday', which is 'a selection of alternative takes &/or mixes, early workouts, instrumental and accoustic versions from the 'New Worlds Fair' most different from the released version'.
    Is this an official release? I wanted to check that Mike wasn't being ripped-off before buying this as I don't recall having seen anything about this previously on the site, in fact I'm sure Mike said that nothing was happening on the music front at present. More information is available on www.voiceprint.co.uk .

I think it's official.

Mr. M said something about it on an earlier post.
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Just checked the Voiceprint site, and didn't see anything about the CD.

Maybe nobody's told them about it yet?

Comment

Hi, I'm afraid I don't have time right now to go into specifics, but I can assure you that the new Deep Fix album, 'Roller Coaster Holiday', is a legitimate and authorised release from the Voiceprint label, with whom I've been liasing very closely on the whole project.

Best,

John.

Comment

Look what I found at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00061X9Z6

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDavey
            Hi, I'm afraid I don't have time right now to go into specifics, but I can assure you that the new Deep Fix album, 'Roller Coaster Holiday', is a legitimate and authorised release from the Voiceprint label, with whom I've been liasing very closely on the whole project.

Best,

John.
            Oh, I believe you! :D

I remember Mr. M saying something about a new CD with different mixes, etc. that would be released in the near future.

I'm just eager to know WHEN and WHERE!!

Maybe have to order from the Amazon UK site.

Comment

Dear DeepFixer, et al.,

The "WHEN" is hopefully November. The "WHERE" is the U.K., although copies will be available for export from, as you say, Amazon.co.uk. That said -- as I, for one, would never deign to cross their electronic threshold -- I'm sure many other, smaller, better dealers will also be stocking it, who're just as willing to ship abroad.

Best,

John.

Comment

Thanks John, I should have known you would be in the know. I can now purchase the CD with a clear conscience. To the non-UK people, the link I had in my first message is for a company whom I'm sure would happily take your business, when the CD is released.

Comment

yipeeeeee :D

bet that'll be a treat :twisted:

is it going to be all the stuff that was in King of the City.

Comment

Voiceprint finally have it listed on their site:

http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/voicepri...Coming/VP351CD

Comment

Went to the Amazon UK site to order this, and they're now saying 'Available Nov. 15'

Voiceprint site still says Nov. 11

Hmmm . . . :?

Comment

Dear DeepFixer, et al.,

The C.D. is definitely coming out. I just can't tell you when, exactly, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

The delay's been partly due to perfecting the booklet/sleevenotes, the final draft (hopefully) I have beside me as I type.

Best,

John.

Comment

Dear DeepFixer, et al.,

The C.D. is definitely coming out. I just can't tell you when, exactly, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

The delay's been partly due to perfecting the booklet/sleevenotes, the (hopefully) final draft of which I have beside me as I type.

Best,

John.

Comment

Hmmm... not sure how an unfinished version of my last post ended up preceding the completed one. Sorry 'bout that...

J.

Comment

I'm not too worried about it coming out (or not).

As long as they don't do a "Hawkwind" with it, i.e. "New album coming out . . . sometime . . . (month and month go by . . .)"

Comment

Working...
                              X