Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Silly idea: Moorcock Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly idea: Moorcock Babies

During the 90's there was a number of cartoons that came out reimmaging characters as children. Muppet Babies, Flinstone Kids, a Pup Named Scooby Doo, and so on. For some reason I have the idea of a show (obviously it will never be done, but it's funny to thing about) where we have little version of the Eternal Champion and his companions (and possibly enemies) all playing together. So far I have a concept for Elric as the new kid who tries to make friends, but his sword keeeps doing mean things, and he keeps getting blamed for them.

This silly idea has been stuck in my head for a couple of days, and it's become clear that it won't leave until I share it. I was wondering if anyone had ideas how other kiddified version of the Eternal Champion or the Eternal Compainion would act?

Moorcock Babies! That's absurd, but not quite unrealistic in a world that places "selling" on its chief altar. Nauseating!

But nobody can just put such things on the market unless he has the merchandizing rights. As I understand Michael Moorcock he trusts the Weitz Bros to handle all in connexion with the Elric film with great diligence, good taste and respect.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Kitsune, I know you draw furries, but maybe this is your chance to experiment with chibi techniques (if you haven't already). Draw up some ideas and let us see them... we still have yet to feature any of your art in the [broken link]Reader Submissions Section of the Image Gallery.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:39 PM.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I''ve just finished inking my first drawing of Elric... I had to work real hard to get him skinny enough. It's going to be hard to make Elric chibi and still look like Elric... but it should be fun to try...

Comment

I disassociate myself entirely from the following suggestion:

Li'l Oswald could keep farting all the time, and his farts appear as mushroom clouds emanating from his trousers. Perhaps he would want to play kiss-chase with Li'l Una, but she'd rather play dress-up with Li'l Catherine. Oh, and he's always late for class, and keeps failing History because there are too many alternate histories and he's easily confused. Poor lad.

I disassociate myself entirely from the above suggestion!
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Dee, you may want to keep to your flat for a while. A suggestion like that, no matter how many disclaimers, might just inspire Li'l Dr. Jest to come looking for you. Once he's done with Kitsune, that is...

Comment

I don't suppose a disclaimer will do me much good against Stormbringer either, will it? I promise to be good while you're gone, just back away from the cupboard... please?

Ooh, what's that behind you?

[Dee scarpers]
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Good point about Stormbringer, Dee.

Hmmmm, how do you suppose Mike's going to get the ol' soul-drinker on the plane? I'm starting to think he's going to Europe via Flamefang Airlines!

Comment

'Lil Stormbringer just drained my lunch money.

Comment

Stormbringer and Mournblade would have to be short swords.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                      Hmmmm, how do you suppose Mike's going to get the ol' soul-drinker on the plane? I'm starting to think he's going to Europe via Flamefang Airlines!
                      Does a skeff'la count as carry-on luggage?
                      Best/Mario

Comment

Why not a discussion forum where we are the babies?

We can interact with each other in our baby personas?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
                          Why not a discussion forum where we are the babies?

We can interact with each other in our baby personas?
                          ^

Already implemented in part, I think.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Indeed... it's a board called "Political Presures" :lol:

Comment

Working...
                            X