Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cornelius Quartet omnibus edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornelius Quartet omnibus edition

Hello Mike,

I joined up to ask if you have any information regarding the re-pressing of 'The Cornelius Quartet' in omnibus format, which I am told by everyone everywhere is currently out of print. I see many copies available for sale on-line as 2nd hand items, but the asking prices prohibit consideration. Would be greatfull for any response from you or your collegues.

Let me also take this time to tell you how your work opened up a world to me, cheers pall.

Sincerely,

Steve.

I've seen the Four Square edition fairly regularly new at Borders. Also, if you're on FB, their page has a 40% off one book through Monday coupon.
    Kevin McCabe
    The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

When I'm searching for an item like this, I do two things - sic a used book store on it, and check libraries. Not exactly libraries - associations like Friends of the Library and similar names. Often they have book sales, and with those lovely electronic scanners there is often a database (meaning they can quickly look up whether or not they had/have something). Same with a good used book store - a precious resource. my local, Barbed Wire Books, has a huge database logged in to linraries and other book stores. It's not a network, but they share customer requests).

Mostly saying this when I found out the Science Fiction Book Club editions of E.E. Smith's Chronicles of the Lensmen is now going for $250 the volume, and there are two volumes. Sure wish I knew how valuable SFBC editions, of all things, would become rare and wanted. Same with Mike's SFBC editions. What I think is that with some help from fellow/frere bibliophiles, I can get them for a buck apiece or something.

Searching for, and finding, such an item is a thrill.

Also, have you tried Mike's page on amazon.com? It's linked to many small stores that may have editions.

Grand luck, O Seeker!
      Miqque
      ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

J.C all over again!

Yet another Must Buy!
        Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

There are current plans to put this back into print in the UK both as a print and e-book. Can't give details yet but I will as soon as possible.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Cheers pal, will keep an eye out.

Comment

It's possible that John Davey might still have some copies of that edition of The Cornelius Quartet available if you want to drop him an email.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David, I shall make inquiries in that direction, (but I am having some trouble connecting through the provided link.) Let me thank everyone here for their considerate responses and all help offered, received with gratitude.

steve.

Comment

Working...
                X