Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric:The Balance Lost art Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric:The Balance Lost art Preview

Some pretty sharp looking art on this comic book preview. And I do mean sharp. Ow!

http://blog.boom-studios.com/2011/03...cesco-biagini/

wow yea thats AWESOME!
    "Beyond the ocean brews a battle;
    Beyond the battle blood shall fall.
    If Elric's kinsman ventures with him
    (Bearing a twin of what he bears)
    To a place where,man-forsaken,
    Dwells the one who should not live,
    Then a bargin shall be entered.
    Elric's wife shall be restored."

annoying ambiguous animated siggi banner
    here

Comment

Good times are on their way!

Comment

I think this is 'the cruellest' I've ever seen Elric drawn. All the artist who have drawn Elric bring across different aspects of his personality.

Picacio's Elric has the tortured, emmaciated Albino aspect of Elric down fantastically (as well as his Elric looking so incredibly lifelike) while Michael Whelan's always seemed a little too muscular to me (but since I got into Elric via the 90s Gollancz reprints, I've never had a 'definitive Elric' book cover to really get behind while Walt Simonon's Elric is 'elven' (don't hurt me! ) and inhuman, as is P. Craig Russell's Elric.

Francesco Biagini's Elric is the cruel, anti-hero Elric, (depending where this occurs in Elric's chronology) embittened by his experiences. This is the Elric who tortured Jagreen Lern at the end of 'Stormbringer'.

Plus, his Stormbringer looks amazing!

I definately can't wait to read this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thongor View Post
          Some pretty sharp looking art on this comic book preview. And I do mean sharp. Ow!

http://blog.boom-studios.com/2011/03...cesco-biagini/
          Impressive! Thanks Thongor.
          Don't forget to ask your local comic book store to order in the Free Comic Book Day preview edition, everyone!

Comment

Impressive ! WOW!

Comment

CanNOT wait! Thanks for posting!

das

Comment

Sweet Christmas!
                "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Working...
                X