Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Shores of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marca
    replied
    p.s. I'd forgotten that there's an introduction to the book basically telling why it was rewritten.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    The Twilight Man was the original paperback title of the rewritten version first published by Compact Books (the publishers of New Worlds) and was also used for early US editions. The title change came later.

The New Worlds version differs quite a bit. I think Mike wrote it fairly quickly for the magazine and then reworked it later.

Leave a comment:

• manmiles
    started a topic The Shores of Death

The Shores of Death

Having found a copy of NW in a 2nd hand bookshop which contains the first serialised part of this story (which is my personal favourite of MM's Science Fiction novels) and references to the original version being 'extremely different' to the novel version.

I would be interested in hearing how the two versions of the story differ to eachother and also does the alternate title for the book under the name of 'The Twilight Man' which I've seen floating around an alternate title for the novel version of Shores of Death or the New Worlds version?

With thanks

Miles
Working...
X