Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Our own Ideas for MM's future books (just for fun!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our own Ideas for MM's future books (just for fun!)

Hi all

I dont often post on these forums but I read them quite alot.

As one of my first threads I wanted to do something fun and talk about michael moorcock books that dont exist but should exist. Who knows maybe mike will read them and write them then I will be king of suggestions an will be carried down the street on the shoulders of a crowd!

Anyway here are my ideas - please all put your own ideas down and comment constructively on other peoples ideas!

* The Enigma's Ending - The full story of the spirit of the eternal champion set intially before the creation of the mulitverse. We get alot of understanding of eternal champion through the Erekose books but its suggested (to my understanding) that originally the eternal champion was a spirit who commited a sin (an not killing the entire human race as in the eternal champion book) - this would be the story of how that spirit became split into its personas.

* Whisker's - a cat's tail - cheesey title I know but this would be the story of the eternal companions companion an its adventures.

* The mundanity of Cornelius - Jerry Cornelius gets a good 9-5 job, falls in love with a woman an has children, nothing surreal happens its just a life of happy mundanity.

* Jherek Carnalian's Back to the back the future - Jherek Carnalian goes back to 1950's america to secretly help Marty McFly unite his parents at the Under-the-Sea dance.

* Eldritch Etchings - A Moorcockian take on the gods of the lovecraft mythos with Cthulu an Nyarlethotep being Chaos gods and Old Noden's being a god of law.
    Please Check out my Musical Dedication to work of Michael Moorcock

THE END OF ALL SONGS
    We are looking to collaborate with anybody else interested in making Moorcock themed music - contact me here or on soundcloud.

your first idea looks great. I would like a book which takes place in chaos (or law) realm and features gods themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
      * The mundanity of Cornelius - Jerry Cornelius gets a good 9-5 job, falls in love with a woman an has children, nothing surreal happens its just a life of happy mundanity.
      I've kind of wondered what "The Adventures of Jerry Cornelius in the 21st Century" would be like. Complete with broadband internet, iPhones, etc. Maybe he spends all his spare time on internet forums?
      Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

A comic book series called 'League of Temporal Adventurers' and another called 'Knights of the Balance'.

Comment

A Conan-Elric teamup novel. Maybe a sequel to the Marvel Comic teamup from way back. Hey, I'm a barbarian. I want sword & sorcery. heh!

Comment

My first thought when I saw this thread was that Mike should write about anything he darn well wants to.

But on reflection, I find myself wanting to know more Melnibonéan history, of Imrryr, pre-Elric, from some of the 427 emperors past. Elric starts at the end of that civilization but what about it's peak? Beginnings? Lots of wonderful hints here and there, but I've always been left hankerin' for more.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
            - Mark Twain, notebook entry, 1898.

Comment

I think a eternal champion book done through the eyes of gaynor the dammed as he has faced them many times
              I would buy that
              come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

The Major Nye Quartet.

Comment

How about the story of how the England of The Black Corridor became the Empire of Granbretan?
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Daker and the Black Gun.
                    And another Catherine and Una book.
                    Kevin McCabe
                    The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid Sirius View Post
                      My first thought when I saw this thread was that Mike should write about anything he darn well wants to.

Quite right. Mind you, I reckon Mike's memoirs would be well worth reading.

Comment

I'd love to read a novella around a family reunion / family picnic of the von Beks ! Something like a big déjeuner sur l'herbe with the whole lot of them ...

Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
                          A Moorcockian take on the gods of the lovecraft mythos with Cthulu an Nyarlethotep being Chaos gods and Old Noden's being a god of law.
                          A book that should not be. Don't get me wrong here, but Cthulhu Mythos suffers too much already.

I personally would enjoy to read a story focused on a well-known Moorcockian villain, or told from his point of view.
                          I am known as the ambassador of the stolen future and the unremembered past.

Comment

The Rise and Fall of Prince Gaynor Paul St Odhran Badehoff-Krasny von Minct?
                            It's a bit unweildy a title, I grant you.

Comment

On one sunny day in the streets Tanelorn, during the beginning activities of Free Beer Day, the statues from all the galleries suddenly spring to life!

All the incarnations of champions, companions, lovers and friends become living flesh and blood. Their purpose? A showdown.

They walk, single file, into a 'Colour' powered ornithopter, the size of the largest continent.

After a few encounters with mysterious forces, they soon fly into an energy barrier that breaks apart to reveal The Mittel March. Inside, they continue forward until they encounter heavy gravity, then zero gravity. They see bright multicolours, next to dull greys and harsh reds.

They crash into The Hub of Chaos, yet survive.

The center reveals an obsidian fortress, full of a million enemies and adversaries. Many are well known to The Multiverse, some are unknown.

Between the fortification and the ornithopter lies a wide chasm, which is filled with Moorcock's Miscellany readers who wave their hands frantically, as though they are caught in some type of cosmic trap, stuck in Time-Space Glue.

---------------------

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X