Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Scoop! Batwoman reads Michael Moorcock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoop! Batwoman reads Michael Moorcock!

The Daily Begg can exclusively reveal that Kate Kane, aka 'Batwoman', is a Michael Moorcock reader!

Yes, True Believers! The evidence is irrefutable!

In the début issue of her own title, Batwoman #0 (Jan 2011) Batman investigates whether Kate Kane is really the Batwoman and as part of his investigation, while disguised, accidentally-on-purpose 'bumps' into Kate to find out what books she reads:

Look at that fourth panel again. Is that what I think it is?

Yes. Yes it is.

The lady clearly has good taste.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 01-10-2011, 12:22 PM.

She can read my Moorcock anytime!
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Har!!!
      Attached Files
      Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Marca View Post
        You are aware that Batwoman prefers partners of her own gender, right?

From Wikipedia:

"The modern Batwoman is written as being of Jewish descent and as a lesbian in an effort by DC editorial staff to diversify its publications and better connect to modern day readership."
        “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Apparently she also reads Crowley, though 777 isn't exactly something you read, being a bunch of Qabalistic tables.
          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            "The modern Batwoman is written as being of Jewish descent and as a lesbian in an effort by DC editorial staff to diversify its publications and better connect to modern day readership."
            Yep, if they can connect with the Jewish lesbian market, I bet that will really put sales through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
              Yep, if they can connect with the Jewish lesbian market, I bet that will really put sales through the roof.
              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Marca View Post
                You are aware that Batwoman prefers partners of her own gender, right?
                Not a problem
                'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

That a good girl !
                  Papi

Comment

Don't know how you do it Begg. You manage to stir up controversy with nearly every one of your news articles. Keep it up! (pun intended)
                    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Controversial? Moi?

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs View Post
                      Don't know how you do it Begg. You manage to stir up controversy with nearly every one of your news articles. Keep it up! (pun intended)
                      Controversy? My dear boy, if I wanted to stir up controversy I'd have used the headline:

Last edited by David Mosley; 01-12-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir John Barbican Begg View Post
                        Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs View Post
                        Don't know how you do it Begg.
                        if I wanted to stir up controversy I'd have used the headline
                        No wonder you are a media mogul and I a lowly paparazzo.

Comment

You have came a long way baby!

I know comics change things-I used to sell them in the 70's, and I got bored with keeping track of multiple character changes-I always liked the original television Batwoman and I don't believe she was all that lesbian-but I really don't care[either way].I think they could just as well gave her a lesbian daughter or a antibatwoman or a bizzaro world batwoman that was Gay! I am vastly glad the Eternal champion though a evolving character at times retains throughout the books it's internal integrity. That said ,yes Virginia , It's a MOORCOCK!
                          Last edited by wiredwullff; 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM.
                          "? ",qouz"! ' c. mackay from extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the crowds.

Comment

I contacted Amy Reeder to find out how TDD wound up in that panel:

Originally posted by Amy Reeder
                            I wish I could take credit but the book choices were totally my writer JH Williams's and he wanted to be sure the The Dreamthief's Daughter made it in there.
                            Thanks Amy!
                            Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 01-17-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I've just secured an interview with JH Williams the writer of Batwoman. It should appear here sometime after the 24th of this month. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X